*Ending months of speculation, Cissy Houston has officially announced she is penning a book about her late superstar daughter, Whitney Houston.
The Houston family matriarch signed a deal with HarperCollins, which promises the “unabridged and unbelievable story” of the talented and troubled singer, whose once-soaring career stumbled while she grappled with drug addiction and a rocky marriage to Bobby Brown.
“When I lost my daughter Nippy (Whitney Houston’s nickname), the world lost one of the most beautiful voices and an extraordinarily beautiful and charitable woman,” Cissy Houston said Monday in a statement via The Associated Press.
“In sharing our story in this book, I hope to give her fans something to treasure, the way we all treasured Whitney. We are still receiving thousands of letters each day from her fans, and I hope reading this book will provide a deeper understanding into my daughter’s true story,” continued Houston.
The book will be published in February 2013; financial terms weren’t disclosed.
In April, reports emerged that she had been pitching the book idea to publishers, promising a true tale of Houston’s life.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jaden Smith Flaunts New Tesla X, That's Not Even Available Yet
- Obama Informs Republicans He WILL Nominate Scalia's Replacement
- Hip-Hop Met Fats Waller in LA!
- Michael Jordan's Rep Responds to 'Crying Jordan' Memes
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia Found Dead
- Steph, Ayesha & Michelle Have Fun with 'Banana' Song (WATCH)
- TV Review: The Black Panthers Van Guard of the Revolution
- Wendy Williams Blasts Ciara Over $15 Million Future Lawsuit
- Must See! Barack and Michelle's Valentine's Day Greetings to Each Other (WATCH)
- Black Stars Support Oscars At NAACP Image Awards (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here