*Ending months of speculation, Cissy Houston has officially announced she is penning a book about her late superstar daughter, Whitney Houston.
The Houston family matriarch signed a deal with HarperCollins, which promises the “unabridged and unbelievable story” of the talented and troubled singer, whose once-soaring career stumbled while she grappled with drug addiction and a rocky marriage to Bobby Brown.
“When I lost my daughter Nippy (Whitney Houston’s nickname), the world lost one of the most beautiful voices and an extraordinarily beautiful and charitable woman,” Cissy Houston said Monday in a statement via The Associated Press.
“In sharing our story in this book, I hope to give her fans something to treasure, the way we all treasured Whitney. We are still receiving thousands of letters each day from her fans, and I hope reading this book will provide a deeper understanding into my daughter’s true story,” continued Houston.
The book will be published in February 2013; financial terms weren’t disclosed.
In April, reports emerged that she had been pitching the book idea to publishers, promising a true tale of Houston’s life.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- BLM Activist Charles Wade Charged With Pimping 17-Year-Old Girl
- THE (05-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Blac Chyna and Rob K Stand to Make $1 Million for Bay Pics
- Beyoncé Earns Big for Tidal, Superjam 2016 Lineup Announced
- Monica Updates Fans On Marriage Status, Praises Husband
- Endangered Gorilla Killed After 4-Yr-Old Boy Enters Habitat (WATCH Dramatic Video)
- Keke Palmer Denies Joining 'The Real' - Tamar in Tears Over Firing (WATCH)
- 'Presenting Princess Shaw' Film Review + Trailer [WATCH]
- Motown Gospel Presents 1 Mic 1 Take [email protected] Studios
- Khloe Kardashian Doesn't Believe in Divorce, Still Getting One Anyway
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here