*Ending months of speculation, Cissy Houston has officially announced she is penning a book about her late superstar daughter, Whitney Houston.
The Houston family matriarch signed a deal with HarperCollins, which promises the “unabridged and unbelievable story” of the talented and troubled singer, whose once-soaring career stumbled while she grappled with drug addiction and a rocky marriage to Bobby Brown.
“When I lost my daughter Nippy (Whitney Houston’s nickname), the world lost one of the most beautiful voices and an extraordinarily beautiful and charitable woman,” Cissy Houston said Monday in a statement via The Associated Press.
“In sharing our story in this book, I hope to give her fans something to treasure, the way we all treasured Whitney. We are still receiving thousands of letters each day from her fans, and I hope reading this book will provide a deeper understanding into my daughter’s true story,” continued Houston.
The book will be published in February 2013; financial terms weren’t disclosed.
In April, reports emerged that she had been pitching the book idea to publishers, promising a true tale of Houston’s life.
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Rihanna’s BET Appearance Was Simply Marketing Trickery
- America: A Nation Under Sin or Love?
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Motorist Sues Bobbi Kristina as Family Prepares for Her Funeral
- Goodbye Clippers, Hello Mavericks! DeAndre Bolts from LA to Dallas
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here