*Ending months of speculation, Cissy Houston has officially announced she is penning a book about her late superstar daughter, Whitney Houston.
The Houston family matriarch signed a deal with HarperCollins, which promises the “unabridged and unbelievable story” of the talented and troubled singer, whose once-soaring career stumbled while she grappled with drug addiction and a rocky marriage to Bobby Brown.
“When I lost my daughter Nippy (Whitney Houston’s nickname), the world lost one of the most beautiful voices and an extraordinarily beautiful and charitable woman,” Cissy Houston said Monday in a statement via The Associated Press.
“In sharing our story in this book, I hope to give her fans something to treasure, the way we all treasured Whitney. We are still receiving thousands of letters each day from her fans, and I hope reading this book will provide a deeper understanding into my daughter’s true story,” continued Houston.
The book will be published in February 2013; financial terms weren’t disclosed.
In April, reports emerged that she had been pitching the book idea to publishers, promising a true tale of Houston’s life.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- New California Law Requires 'Perceived Ethnicity' Documentation by Police
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson's Explosive Expose on How the NRA Terrorizes Congress
- The Film Strip: Hugh Jackman and Garrett Hedlund in 'PAN' playland
- Watch: The 'Steve Jobs' Trailer
- THE (10-07-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Chris Bosh & Rasheeda Appear on Tonight's 'ROSEWOOD' on FOX (Video)
- BHERC Presents 'Reel Black Men' Short Film Festival on October 24
- Lil Wayne Says Birdman Stiffed Drake, Nicki Minaj Out of Money
- Cosmo Blasted for Declaring Kardashians 'America's First Family'
- TV One to Re-Air Original ‘Roots’; Louis Gossett Jr. Reminisces: ‘We Stopped the World’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here