*Ending months of speculation, Cissy Houston has officially announced she is penning a book about her late superstar daughter, Whitney Houston.
The Houston family matriarch signed a deal with HarperCollins, which promises the “unabridged and unbelievable story” of the talented and troubled singer, whose once-soaring career stumbled while she grappled with drug addiction and a rocky marriage to Bobby Brown.
“When I lost my daughter Nippy (Whitney Houston’s nickname), the world lost one of the most beautiful voices and an extraordinarily beautiful and charitable woman,” Cissy Houston said Monday in a statement via The Associated Press.
“In sharing our story in this book, I hope to give her fans something to treasure, the way we all treasured Whitney. We are still receiving thousands of letters each day from her fans, and I hope reading this book will provide a deeper understanding into my daughter’s true story,” continued Houston.
The book will be published in February 2013; financial terms weren’t disclosed.
In April, reports emerged that she had been pitching the book idea to publishers, promising a true tale of Houston’s life.
- 'Django Unchained' Actress Daniele Watts & Boyfriend Sentenced
- Shocking! How BGF Members Made $20K a Month in Jail
- Piano Man: Tyler Perry Buys Nat King Cole's Steinway for $150k
- Trump Dismisses Ramos, 2 Reporters Murdered in Virginia, Serena Williams New Boo | BHL's This Week
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here