In an article about Ice-T’s June 15 directorial debut of “Something From Nothing: The Art of Rap,” the Hollywood Reporter put it this way:
“with appearances by the likes of Afrika Bambaataa, Kanye West, Snoop Dogg, Common, Run-DMC and Eminem, and revealing testimony on the origins of some classic releases, ‘Something From Nothing: The Art of Rap’ is poised to school a new generation of fans with insights from some of their favorite artists. Loaded with a cappella on-camera performances and a soundtrack of killer beats, the film already has a worldwide audience in place, as well as broad potential on a wide range of platforms, from theatrical to VOD.”
With that frame of reference, check out what Common had to say in the film via these outtakes:
Common on his “First Rap Verse”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Janet Jackson’s Trainer Reveals How to Get Her Famous Abs
- Snoop Dogg Blasts 'Roots' Reboot; Won't be Watching
- Police Say This Interracial 'Online Date' Ended in Woman's Death
- Zoo Director on Why Gorilla Was Killed and Not Tranquilized
- Activist Najee Ali Calling for Boycott of New 'Block Wars' App by The Game
- Disgraced Cop Daniel Hotlzclaw Denies Raping Poor Black Women
- First Listen: Half Mile Home's 'Thinking of Me'
- Big Boi Meme Comparing Mothers of Today & 70s Causes Black Twitter Outrage
- Eve Says She Had to 'Import' to Find Love
- Laverne Cox Responds to Her ‘Rocky Horror’ Reboot Critics
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here