In an article about Ice-T’s June 15 directorial debut of “Something From Nothing: The Art of Rap,” the Hollywood Reporter put it this way:
“with appearances by the likes of Afrika Bambaataa, Kanye West, Snoop Dogg, Common, Run-DMC and Eminem, and revealing testimony on the origins of some classic releases, ‘Something From Nothing: The Art of Rap’ is poised to school a new generation of fans with insights from some of their favorite artists. Loaded with a cappella on-camera performances and a soundtrack of killer beats, the film already has a worldwide audience in place, as well as broad potential on a wide range of platforms, from theatrical to VOD.”
With that frame of reference, check out what Common had to say in the film via these outtakes:
Common on his “First Rap Verse”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- 'Ice Age' Interview: 'Hit This...We're Done Anyways' - Wanda Sykes (WATCH)
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Mariah Carey to Receive Bravo’s 1st Ever ‘Giving Me Life Achievement Award’
- Parliament-Funkadelic Keyboardist Bernie Worrell Dies at 72
- Erykah Badu Directs Video for Robert Glasper Collabo ‘Maiysha (So Long)’ (Watch)
- TLC Begins Production on Tyler Perry's 'Too Close to Home'
- Deon Cole of ‘Black-ish’ Scores Standup Special on Comedy Central
- Bill Cosby Accuser Drops Defamation Lawsuit, But Still 'In Solidarity' With Alleged Victims
- Trolls Trying to Insult Steph Curry's 3-Year-Old Daughter Mistakenly Tweet Grown Man (See His Response)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here