According to the Atlanta Journal Constitution, the 15-year-old daughter of megachurch pastor Creflo Dollar Jr. told a 911 operator on Friday morning that she felt “threatened” being in the house with her father.
Then she went on to say the alleged violent altercation between them was not an isolated incident.
The paper says in the audio recording, the girl adds, “It was not the first time it’s happened.” Sounding calm and speaking directly, she said her father “punched … and choked” her.
At that point, Fayette Sheriff’s deputies were dispatched to the Dollar residence where, after a brief investigation, they arrested Pastor Dollar and charged him with simple battery, family violence and cruelty to children. Later Friday morning he was released on $5,000 bond.
The televangelist and author, speaking from the pulpit at World Changers Church International Sunday morning, denied the allegations.
“I want you to hear it personally from me: All is well in the Dollar household,” said the former educational therapist, who received a standing ovation from faithful congregants. “A family conversation with our youngest daughter got emotional. Things escalated from there.”
Dollar said he neither choked or punched his daughter and explained away the abrasions on her neck as remnants from a case of eczema.
“I should have never been arrested,” he said.
Dollar, who teaches that God will bless the faithful with material rewards, has previously endorsed corporal punishment.
“There’s a place for it, and it should only be administered with temperance,” he said in a 2006 sermon.
Though church members appeared to accept their pastor’s account, Dollar’s 19-year-old daughter, who witnessed the altercation, told police her younger sister was telling the truth.
Whoa! Obviously somebody’s lying and at the very, very least, the pastor now has an image problem.
Read/learn more at AJC.com.
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Dorien Wilson is ‘In The Cut’ on Bounce TV with Jackee’ Harry
- Celebs U Wish U Could Party with on Labor Day Weekend (PHOTOS)
- Gilbert Arenas' Assistant Convicted For Robbing Him of $2.1 Million
- Bobbi Kristina’s Family Upset Over Nick Gordon Visiting Gravesite: Report
- '1st Annual MADCatfish Blues Festival' Jumps Off Labor Day Weekend, at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
- White Woman Throws Shoes at Talib Kweli for Talking #BlackLivesMatter
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Eazy E’s Daughter Says Suge Knight Did NOT Kill her Dad
- TNT Exclusive: Jazmin Truesdale Gives Black Comic Fans Heroes That Resemble Themselves (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here