*While there have been major outcries about the abysmal state of television programming recently, Oprah Winfrey’s OWN network has been running a series called “Super Soul Sunday,” which is dedicated to nourishing the “mind, body and spirit” of the viewer in order to “help viewers awaken to their best selves and discover a deeper connection to the world around them.”
Self-help gurus Deepak Chopra, Tony Robbins and Iyanla Vanzant have appeared on the show, says The Root.
A recent “Super Soul Sunday” show featured film producer DeVon Franklin, who recently married actress Meagan Good. The 2011 The Root 100 honoree, is described as “Columbia Pictures’ 33-year-old wunderkind vice-president of production.”
Franklin, who is a high-profile producer in the Hollywood film industry, is also a devout Seventh-day Adventist and preacher, who puts his faith first in his life and career. Franklin will not accept a job if he is unable to observe his Sabbath, a stipulation he made and has maintained since his first college internship.
Like EURweb on Facebook
Last year, Franklin published a book called Produced by Faith, a guide to success in life and one’s career by embracing your true self — Christian in this case — and using faith to navigate the sometimes treacherous terrain of life, including the workplace.
“I am helping people understand not lessons that I have learned,” he told The Root, “but lessons that I am living right now.”
Read more here.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here