The filmmaker expressed interest in producing a film with Diana Ross, but apparently, she won’t return his calls.
“She’s been ignoring me for years,” Perry told Essence.com while promoting his latest movie, Madea’s Witness Protection. “She’s the only person that I have dreamed of working with that will not return my phone calls.”
But he does recall a time when they had a short conversation.
“That was it, she never called me again. She said, “No!” And that was it.”
Like EURweb on Facebook
He says not even having a close association with Oprah Winfrey can’t get her to call back.
“Not when it comes to Diana Ross,” he jokes. “You can be friends with Obama, Oprah, Trump — that is Diana Ross! So, no.”
Not all is lost, however. Perry has managed to get two other childhood idols, Maria Gibbs and John Amos, into his latest movie.
“To be around Florence from The Jeffersons and James [Amos] from Good Times… to stand in the presence of people that I’ve admired is amazing.”
- Rihanna Puts Support Behind Kanye West’s VMA Presidential Bid
- UCLA Footballer Ishmael Adams Robs Uber Driver; Suspended Indefinitely
- Greg King’s 'Postcards Central American Soul Food' is Top L.A. Food Truck
- Rachel Dolezal is Pregnant
- THE (09-02-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- 'Meet the Celebrities on Your Own Terms' in Upcoming Workshop for Aspiring Writers (Photos!)
- Nicki Minaj Wax Figure Getting Makeover After Fans Pressure Museum
- 'Selfish' Kardashians Being Sued Over Disruptive Fireworks Show
- Who T-Pain, Vic Mensa & A$AP Rocky Wanna Collab With (WATCH)
- Lorraine Toussaint Talks Playing Morris Chestnut’s Mama on ‘Rosewood’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here