*Last week old, old, old school comic Don Rickles told a joke about President Obama being compared to a janitor and not to surprisingly caught some flack for it. But that doesn’t make him a racist, his spokesman insists.
“It was a joke as were the other comments Don made that night,” a rep for Rickles told Politico. “Anyone who knows him knows he’s not a racist.”
Rickles told the Not all that funny joke (we guess you had to be there) during a tribute to actress Shirley MacLaine on Thursday according to The Hollywood Reporter.
If you missed it, here’s a replay:
“I shouldn’t make fun of the blacks,” 86-year-old Rickles said, adding: “President Obama is a personal friend of mine. He was over to the house yesterday, but the mop broke.”
Har, har, yuk, yuk. For those who are familiar with Rickles brand of funny, insulting people of all races and stature is what he does.
Insulting humor, of course, is the hallmark of the act of the 86-year-old Rickles.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 50 Cent Arrested in St. Kitts for Using Dirty Word in Show
- TV One Sets Original Film ‘Bad Dad Rehab’ for July Premiere (EUR Exclusive)
- Montell Jordan Releases New Memoir & Returns To R&B
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Zoe Saldana to 'Nina' Critics: 'Don’t Address Me with Such Disdain'
- Kobe to Receive 'Legend' Award, Gilbert Arneas Trolls Nick Young
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here