*Last week old, old, old school comic Don Rickles told a joke about President Obama being compared to a janitor and not to surprisingly caught some flack for it. But that doesn’t make him a racist, his spokesman insists.
“It was a joke as were the other comments Don made that night,” a rep for Rickles told Politico. “Anyone who knows him knows he’s not a racist.”
Rickles told the Not all that funny joke (we guess you had to be there) during a tribute to actress Shirley MacLaine on Thursday according to The Hollywood Reporter.
If you missed it, here’s a replay:
“I shouldn’t make fun of the blacks,” 86-year-old Rickles said, adding: “President Obama is a personal friend of mine. He was over to the house yesterday, but the mop broke.”
Har, har, yuk, yuk. For those who are familiar with Rickles brand of funny, insulting people of all races and stature is what he does.
Insulting humor, of course, is the hallmark of the act of the 86-year-old Rickles.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Detroit Woman’s ‘Dead Body on Lawn’ Halloween Prank Draws 911 Calls
- New Radio Station: ItzYourzRadioLive.com Now Broadcasting
- You Could Break the Bank Going to 'The Happiest Place On Earth!'
- Walter Scott’s Family Gets $6.5M in Settlement With N. Charleston (Watch)
- ‘Star Wars’ Actor John Boyega to Racist Fans: ‘I’m In the Movie, What Are You Gonna Do About It?’
- Chris and Adrienne Bosh Expecting 3rd Child Together Next Spring
- Atlanta Hawks Player Thabo Sefolosha Acquitted in NYC Arrest Case
- Taraji P. Posts IG Response to Rumors of Beef with Terrence Howard (WATCH)
- EURweb on the Scene: 3rd Annual Ocktober Film Festival
- Derek Fisher Addresses Alleged Fight With Matt Barnes
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here