*Last week old, old, old school comic Don Rickles told a joke about President Obama being compared to a janitor and not to surprisingly caught some flack for it. But that doesn’t make him a racist, his spokesman insists.
“It was a joke as were the other comments Don made that night,” a rep for Rickles told Politico. “Anyone who knows him knows he’s not a racist.”
Rickles told the Not all that funny joke (we guess you had to be there) during a tribute to actress Shirley MacLaine on Thursday according to The Hollywood Reporter.
If you missed it, here’s a replay:
“I shouldn’t make fun of the blacks,” 86-year-old Rickles said, adding: “President Obama is a personal friend of mine. He was over to the house yesterday, but the mop broke.”
Har, har, yuk, yuk. For those who are familiar with Rickles brand of funny, insulting people of all races and stature is what he does.
Insulting humor, of course, is the hallmark of the act of the 86-year-old Rickles.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Drake and Nicki Minaj No Longer Talk, but He Has ‘Genuine Energy’ With Rihanna
- Jonathan Butler's Inspired Journey Pt2: 'I Am That I Am' (WATCH)
- Parenting Blog ‘Mom Junction’ Lists ’85 Popular Ghetto Baby Names’ For Your Child
- Prince’s ‘Take Me With U’ Jacket from ‘Purple Rain’ Up for Auction
- Will & Jada Launch New Initiative Under Obama’s ‘My Brother’s Keeper’
- Sheila E. Vows to Protect Prince - Lil Wayne Poses with No 'Respek' Crew
- 'Sisters In Law': Rhonda Wills Talks 'Staggering' Prince Estate and 'Criminal' Katrina Pierson [EUR Exclusive]
- Blind Boy (Christopher Ward) Sees 'Pretty' Mom for First Time (WATCH)
- Usher Responds to ‘Skinny’ Hate; ‘1st Look’ at 2Pac Shakur Biopic (WATCH)
- Tanya Hart Elected Co-chair of The Caucus for Producers, Writers & Directors
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here