*Last week old, old, old school comic Don Rickles told a joke about President Obama being compared to a janitor and not to surprisingly caught some flack for it. But that doesn’t make him a racist, his spokesman insists.
“It was a joke as were the other comments Don made that night,” a rep for Rickles told Politico. “Anyone who knows him knows he’s not a racist.”
Rickles told the Not all that funny joke (we guess you had to be there) during a tribute to actress Shirley MacLaine on Thursday according to The Hollywood Reporter.
If you missed it, here’s a replay:
“I shouldn’t make fun of the blacks,” 86-year-old Rickles said, adding: “President Obama is a personal friend of mine. He was over to the house yesterday, but the mop broke.”
Har, har, yuk, yuk. For those who are familiar with Rickles brand of funny, insulting people of all races and stature is what he does.
Insulting humor, of course, is the hallmark of the act of the 86-year-old Rickles.
- Is New Will Smith Movie ‘Concussion’ Making the NFL Nervous? (WATCH TRAILER)
- Kim Fields Joins Fellow ‘RHOA’ Stars with $212,000 Tax Lien
- Sanaa Lathan and Michael Ealy Speak at The Hollywood Confidential (PHOTOS)
- White Florida Teacher Says She Was Fired for Having Black Boyfriend (Watch)
- Atlanta Police on the Hunt for T.I.-Looking Suspect
- Ne-Yo & Crystal Renay Get Married with Baby Already on the Way
- Chris Brown's Baby Mama Nia Guzman Responds to Criminal Allegations
- The Socialist's Journal: Kim Davis
- (Min. Paul Scott) Why Black Minds Matter: Readin’, Writin’ and Revolution
- CurlKit Launches 'Curlstar Favorits Box' - Offering Consumers Instant Access to Brands Coveted by Superstars
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here