*Last week old, old, old school comic Don Rickles told a joke about President Obama being compared to a janitor and not to surprisingly caught some flack for it. But that doesn’t make him a racist, his spokesman insists.
“It was a joke as were the other comments Don made that night,” a rep for Rickles told Politico. “Anyone who knows him knows he’s not a racist.”
Rickles told the Not all that funny joke (we guess you had to be there) during a tribute to actress Shirley MacLaine on Thursday according to The Hollywood Reporter.
If you missed it, here’s a replay:
“I shouldn’t make fun of the blacks,” 86-year-old Rickles said, adding: “President Obama is a personal friend of mine. He was over to the house yesterday, but the mop broke.”
Har, har, yuk, yuk. For those who are familiar with Rickles brand of funny, insulting people of all races and stature is what he does.
Insulting humor, of course, is the hallmark of the act of the 86-year-old Rickles.
- After Five Seasons, ‘Key & Peele’ Ending Comedy Central Run
- Neo-Soul Duo Presents Annual ‘Kindred the Family Reunion’ in Philly
- Amber Rose Reacts to Trolls Who Criticize 'Slut Walk' Initiative
- Neechy Gospel: New Music Video From Jonathan McReynolds LIMP
- Birdman Finally Speaks About Fallout with Lil Wayne (WATCH)
- Presidential Candidates Stymied by Black Lives Matter Movement
- Bounce TV to Launch New Original Series 'In The Cut' Tuesday August 25 at 9:00 p.m.
- John Legend Will Executive Produce and Score Slave Drama Series
- Racist Yells N-word At Black Mom; Lectures Her on Constitution (WATCH)
- Kelly Price Thinks Cops Need to Throw the book at Nick Gordon (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here