It seems the world renown, legendary b-baller didn’t bother to respond to a lawsuit claiming he defaulted on a giant loan. That means he’s he’s lost the case and has been ordered to pay up, so says TMZ.
According to documents filed in Georgia, the NBA legend took out a loan in 2009 from Georgia Primary Bank. The original loan was for $1,000,000 and Erving had an outstanding balance of $210,705.71 … which was never paid.
The bank made repeated requests for the balance and when they went ignored … they filed a lawsuit in October 2011.
The lawsuit went ignored as well and a Georgia court ordered Erving to fork over $230,286.86 — the original balance, plus $19,581.15 in interest.
At deadline time, calls to Erving’s legal reps were not returned.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Michael Jackson Called Prince 'One Of The Rudest People I Have Ever Met'
- Anthony Anderson Joins Queen Latifah-Produced Travel Series ‘The Best Place to Be’
- Al Qaeda to Lone Wolves in U.S.: Only Target Whites to Avoid ‘Hate Crime’ Label
- Baltimore Rapper Lor Scoota Fatally Shot Leaving ‘Peace in the Streets’ Charity Hoops Game
- Steve Harvey Speechless when Kellie Pickler Almost Falls Trying to Buzz In on ‘Family Feud’ (Watch)
- Suge Knight Sues Chris Brown over Miami Club Shooting
- Maya Angelou Doc ‘And Still I Rise’ Wins AFI Docs Audience Award (Watch a Clip)
- Toni Braxton and Birdman Cozy at the 2016 BET Awards
- Lil Wayne Wanted for Questioning in Scuffle at BET Awards After-Party
- Usher No Likey The Donald: Wears ‘Don’t Trump America’ Jacket
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here