It seems the world renown, legendary b-baller didn’t bother to respond to a lawsuit claiming he defaulted on a giant loan. That means he’s he’s lost the case and has been ordered to pay up, so says TMZ.
According to documents filed in Georgia, the NBA legend took out a loan in 2009 from Georgia Primary Bank. The original loan was for $1,000,000 and Erving had an outstanding balance of $210,705.71 … which was never paid.
The bank made repeated requests for the balance and when they went ignored … they filed a lawsuit in October 2011.
The lawsuit went ignored as well and a Georgia court ordered Erving to fork over $230,286.86 — the original balance, plus $19,581.15 in interest.
At deadline time, calls to Erving’s legal reps were not returned.
- Photos: Usher and Miguel Host 5th Post BET Awards Party [Look: Photo Gallery]
- Fantasia Reunites With Husband, Faces Tax Lien
- NAACP President Compares Bree Newsome to Rosa Parks
- Doctors Warn of Health Risks from Wearing Skinny Jeans
- Eva Longoria to Donald Trump: ‘You Must Expect a Backlash’ (Watch)
- Warrant Issued for Florida State QB De’Andre Johnson
- K. Michelle Comes for SWV’s Coko; Tamar Gets Memed Over BET Performance
- Kirk Frost of 'L&HHA' Arrested at Dirt Bike Rally
- ‘BET Awards’ Ratings Down From Chris Rock-Hosted 2014 Ceremony
- Cheryl Burke Quits as Miss USA Co-Host Over Trump’s Comments
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here