It seems the world renown, legendary b-baller didn’t bother to respond to a lawsuit claiming he defaulted on a giant loan. That means he’s he’s lost the case and has been ordered to pay up, so says TMZ.
According to documents filed in Georgia, the NBA legend took out a loan in 2009 from Georgia Primary Bank. The original loan was for $1,000,000 and Erving had an outstanding balance of $210,705.71 … which was never paid.
The bank made repeated requests for the balance and when they went ignored … they filed a lawsuit in October 2011.
The lawsuit went ignored as well and a Georgia court ordered Erving to fork over $230,286.86 — the original balance, plus $19,581.15 in interest.
At deadline time, calls to Erving’s legal reps were not returned.
- Reggie Jackson Apologizes for Profane Outburst Against Fans
- 'Empire' Costars Trai Byers and Grace Gealey Set to be Married
- More Sandra Bland Video Released to Prove She Arrived Alive At Jail
- Netflix Announces Mike Epps Special, 'Chelsea Handler Does Racism’, More at TCA Press Tour
- Paul Mooney Says Bill Cosby Got His 'N****r Wake-up Call'
- Shaq Doubles Down on Pippen: ‘I Don’t Let Bums Disrespect Me’
- Judge Tosses Orlando Scandrick’s Restraining Order Against Draya
- Second Suspect in 10 Days Dies in Custody of Houston Police
- Tom Joyner' Cruise Supports Students Featured on Hollywood Divas Season 2
- Azealia Banks Angers Australia by Calling Crowds ‘Belligerent’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here