*Drake has finally spoken in public about his alleged involvement in a violent bar brawl with Chris Brown last week that left several people injured, massive property damage and lots of confusion over what exactly went down.
During his concert Saturday at Jones Beach in Long Island, N.Y., he alluded to last Thursday’s events at W.i.P. nightclub linking him and his entourage to the bottle-bashing melee.
Per the New York Daily News, the rapper hit the stage Saturday and said, “When I woke up this morning, I had to think about a lot of things. But the only thing I gave a f–k about was that I was in New York City tonight.”
Later during the show, he quipped, “It’s last call and you’re really too drunk to give a f–k.”
But he was far from finished with his tirade: “A n***a in the corner is standing there looking at you funny,” he added. “You bump elbows with him on the way to the bathroom, but really there’s only one n***a that you got to think about.”
Until now, the rapper has remained largely silent, issuing a statement through his rep last week that denied any involvement in the fracas: “Drake did not participate in any wrongdoing of any kind last night at W.i.P. He was on his way out of the club when the altercation began. He did not engage in any activity which resulted in injury to person or damage to property.”
The club itself [seen in the photo above following the melee] was shut down on Saturday by law-enforcement officials, who cited a litany of previous violations that culminated in Thursday’s notorious brawl.
“The owners would agree to the closing by NYPD for up to 235 days if additional assaults and other violations of the agreement occurred,” an NYPD spokesman told E! News.
The club’s manager, Jonathan Cantor, was also arrested on Friday on two outstanding warrants stemming from noise complaints over the West Village club.
Also, it was reported over the weekend that San Antonio Spurs point guard Tony Parker was at the club and suffered an eye injury when Brown and Drake, and their respective entourages, began fighting.
The French athlete, and ex-husband of actress Eva Longoria, said he suffered a scratched retina on one of his eyes during the brawl. Sporting dark sunglasses, he described the incident Friday in Paris during a news conference posted on YouTube. Speaking in French, he said he expects to be sidelined for about a week while the French team prepares for the Summer Olympics.
Brown himself suffered a nasty gash on his chin, but his camp shot down reports that Breezy sent a bottle of champagne to Drake’s table as a peace offering for the two’s reported rivalry over Rihanna, whom they both dated.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (06-01-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Chris Angelo Word and Alfred Torregano's 'Optimal Nutrition': A Life Driven Story
- T-Boz to Exec. Produce Teen Musical Project 'What About Your Friends?'
- Maino’s Girlfriend to Sue NYPD Over T.I. Concert Shooting
- Madonna Claps Back at BET - Tamar Dropped From Record Label?
- Parents of Alabama Teen Electrocuted in Lake Warns Others to 'Be Careful' (Video)
- Snoop Dogg Right on 'Roots' Remake for the Wrong Reasons (Video)
- ‘Roots’ Remake Draws 5.3M Viewers Against Record-Setting NBA Playoff Game
- What Mariah Carey Wore to ‘Live with Kelly’s’ Daytime Pajama Party (Watch)
- Pics Surface of Alleged Khloe Kardashian/Odell Beckham Jr. Hookup at Drake's Party
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here