“First two cities to get new radio show, Weekend with Ed Gordon, DC and Detroit,” he messaged on his Facebook page Friday. “Look for the show this Saturday @ 7AM on WHUR and this Sunday on 92.3 FM in Detroit noon-2 PM!!!! I promise you’re going to love this show!!! More cities to come. Next week you’ll be able to find it online…stay tuned.”
He explained to Journalisms that the show isn’t like anything he’s ever done. It’s less of a news or public affairs show, and more like the “Today” show of radio with celebrity guests and lot of laughs and hot topics.
Regulars include comedian Joe Torry, judges Lynn Toler (relationship tips) and Glenda Hatchett (legal advice), and Boyce Watkins (hot topics)
Like EURweb on Facebook
“Weekend with R Gordon” also has a segment called “That’s My Jam” in which celebrity guests will share their favorite “back in the day” hit, says Gordon:
“Some of the people who tell us their ‘Jam’: Whoopi Goldberg, Anthony Anderson, Eddie Levert, Lamman Rucker, Vivica A. Fox and even Condoleezza Rice & Louis Farrakhan plus many more! You’ll also get a chance to share you favorite song!”
According to Journalisms, Gordon and BET spokesman Luis Defrank said the radio host’s weekly public affairs show, “Weekly With Ed Gordon,” is off the schedule, but that Gordon would be part of BET’s political convention coverage.
Gordon said he is producing the radio show himself, working with fellow Detroiter Gerald McBride of Voice Over Productions.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Erykah Badu on Azealia Banks Beef: 'We Can Spiral Out of Control With Style'
- ‘Creed’ Dir. Ryan Coogler Pays Tribute to His Father in 'Rocky' Spin-Off
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- President Obama's Statement Regarding Laquan McDonald Murder
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' & Calls Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Old Email from Farrell, PA's New Police Chief Includes the Word 'N*gger' and Prompts Outrage ... and Support from the Town's Black Mayor
- 60% of Staff at Movie Theater in Connecticut Have a Disability
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here