*Oprah has been stripped of her executive powers at her own struggling network, according to a report in the National Enquirer.
Her chief financial backer, Discovery Communications, supported the motion to revoke her privileges. Sources say she was reduced to tears.
“Oprah’s situation is equivalent to Donald Trump telling one of his ‘Celebrity Apprentice’ contestants: ‘You’re fired!'” declared a TV insider.
But that’s not the end of the madness. She gets to keep the title of CEO, but it’s only for looks. Discovery, was on board with the launch of OWN back in 2011, even if it turned out to be a disaster. But now the tables have turned and it looks like someone else has to take over.
“They now realize that she was too inexperienced to run the network,” said the insider. “So she was stripped of her power. She’s no longer in a position to make executive decisions or hire staff without consulting top Discovery executives first.”
The source added that Oprah is now on an emotional downward spiral and could be at risk of picking up bad old habits like binge eating. Also, according to the article, as OWN takes a nosedive, Oprah has picked up the bottle more and more.
Read/learn more at National Enquirer.
Watch this report from ABC News:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ray J Issues Goes Legal on Ex-Business Partner Over Past Kim K Drama
- Beyoncé's Rep Responds to 'B.E.A.T.' Filmmakers 'Credit' Controversy
- What Should Society Do With An 11-Year-Old Murderer?
- Is This the REAL Reason Cam Walked Out of Press Conference? (WATCH)
- Misty Copeland's ‘Ballerina’s Tale’ Also Highlights the #BalletSoWhite Issue
- Ava DuVernay Being Courted to Direct Two Feature Films
- Taraji P. Henson Blames Coldplay/Maroon 5 Mixup on Her Friends (Watch)
- Gil Robertson: The 'African American Film Critics Association Awards' Interview with Kam Williams
- Flavor Flav Pleads No Contest in Vegas DUI Case
- ‘Black-ish’ To Address Police Brutality in Feb. 24 Episode
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here