*Oprah has been stripped of her executive powers at her own struggling network, according to a report in the National Enquirer.
Her chief financial backer, Discovery Communications, supported the motion to revoke her privileges. Sources say she was reduced to tears.
“Oprah’s situation is equivalent to Donald Trump telling one of his ‘Celebrity Apprentice’ contestants: ‘You’re fired!'” declared a TV insider.
But that’s not the end of the madness. She gets to keep the title of CEO, but it’s only for looks. Discovery, was on board with the launch of OWN back in 2011, even if it turned out to be a disaster. But now the tables have turned and it looks like someone else has to take over.
“They now realize that she was too inexperienced to run the network,” said the insider. “So she was stripped of her power. She’s no longer in a position to make executive decisions or hire staff without consulting top Discovery executives first.”
The source added that Oprah is now on an emotional downward spiral and could be at risk of picking up bad old habits like binge eating. Also, according to the article, as OWN takes a nosedive, Oprah has picked up the bottle more and more.
Read/learn more at National Enquirer.
Watch this report from ABC News:
- Paula Deen Says She Didn't Post the Brownface Pic; Her Twitter Handler Did
- Rick Ross Released from Jail after Posting $2 Million Bail
- FSU’s De’Andre Johnson Says Woman Called Her N-Word Before he Hit Her (Report)
- Bobbi Kristina’s Hospice Room Filled with Whitney’s Music, Photos, Scented Candles (Report)
- Donovan McNabb Arrested on Suspicion of DUI - Again
- Serena Advances at Wimbledon with Win Against Victoria Azarenka
- Women Traveling Solo: Wear a Fake Wedding Ring (and Other Tips!)
- Paula Deen Tweets Photo of Son in Brownface
- ‘The Real’s’ Jeannie Mai, ESPN, PGA Latest to Dump Trump
- Judge Refuses to Dismiss Suge Knight's Murder Case
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here