*Oprah has been stripped of her executive powers at her own struggling network, according to a report in the National Enquirer.
Her chief financial backer, Discovery Communications, supported the motion to revoke her privileges. Sources say she was reduced to tears.
“Oprah’s situation is equivalent to Donald Trump telling one of his ‘Celebrity Apprentice’ contestants: ‘You’re fired!'” declared a TV insider.
But that’s not the end of the madness. She gets to keep the title of CEO, but it’s only for looks. Discovery, was on board with the launch of OWN back in 2011, even if it turned out to be a disaster. But now the tables have turned and it looks like someone else has to take over.
“They now realize that she was too inexperienced to run the network,” said the insider. “So she was stripped of her power. She’s no longer in a position to make executive decisions or hire staff without consulting top Discovery executives first.”
The source added that Oprah is now on an emotional downward spiral and could be at risk of picking up bad old habits like binge eating. Also, according to the article, as OWN takes a nosedive, Oprah has picked up the bottle more and more.
Read/learn more at National Enquirer.
Watch this report from ABC News:
- Trevor Noah Teases ‘The Daily Show’ Takeover [WATCH]
- Caitlyn Jenner Adult Unisex Costume Timely for Halloween, But LGBT Community Not Amused
- NeNe Leakes Confirms Hosting Gig on ‘Fashion Police’
- FDA Clears the Way for 'The Little Pink Pill' Viagra for Women!
- Beverly Johnson: 'The Face That Changed It All' - EUR BOOK REVIEW
- Janelle Monáe & Wondaland Records Artists ‘Speak Up’ on #BlackLivesMatter
- #BlackLivesMatter Critic Peggy Hubbard Tells Activists to 'Bite Me'
- The Weeknd Covers Beyonce at Billboard Hot 100 Festival [Watch]
- Ohio Cop Pulls Man Over for 'Making Direct Eye Contact' (Watch)
- WATCH! Rapper Kevin Gates Viciously Kicks Woman in Chest/Facial Area
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here