When we found out that the cause of death may have been depression, it shocked us even more.
Like EURweb on Facebook
In a piece on our partner site, Essence.com, Vanessa K. Bush wrote about the one thing we can learn from the famed author’s death.
Here’s an excerpt:
On Friday afternoon I learned of the death of Erica Kennedy, author of Bling and all-around beautiful Black feminista rock star. When I received the email, I immediately thought, “Was she sick? Was it cancer? How can someone so young and full of life be gone?” Later on that night, as I checked my Facebook news stream, and according to those who knew her best, she had been suffering from depression.
As I read the postings, stinging tears streamed down.
I understood her pain.
Read more at Essence
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Thanks to Stephen Curry, NBA To See Record Playoff Viewers
- Moya Angela: Dreamgirls' 'Effie' Speaks Exclusively to EURweb
- Aretha Franklin Covers 'Purple Rain' at International Jazz Day (WATCH)
- New Woman Claims She’s Prince’s Long-Lost Half Sister; Seeks Piece of Estate
- Donald Trump Mocks Carly Fiorina’s Stage Fall: ‘Anybody See That? She Went Down’
- Malia Obama Takes One-Year Deferment Prior to Harvard Start
- Prince Talks Michael Jackson's Death, Chris Brown in Never-Published 2014 Rolling Stone Interview
- Dixie Chicks Cover Beyonce’s ‘Daddy Lessons’ Despite Song's Nashville Backlash (Watch)
- Prince’s Siblings Attend Packed Hearing; Judge Appoints Special Administrator
- Keke Wyatt's Emotional Cover of Prince’s ‘Diamonds and Pearls’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here