When we found out that the cause of death may have been depression, it shocked us even more.
Like EURweb on Facebook
In a piece on our partner site, Essence.com, Vanessa K. Bush wrote about the one thing we can learn from the famed author’s death.
Here’s an excerpt:
On Friday afternoon I learned of the death of Erica Kennedy, author of Bling and all-around beautiful Black feminista rock star. When I received the email, I immediately thought, “Was she sick? Was it cancer? How can someone so young and full of life be gone?” Later on that night, as I checked my Facebook news stream, and according to those who knew her best, she had been suffering from depression.
As I read the postings, stinging tears streamed down.
I understood her pain.
Read more at Essence
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Watch Obama Meet Woman Named Weezy and Break Into ‘Jeffersons’ Theme Song
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here