In July EURweb presents an opportunity for jazz artists to gain exposure at EURweb.com for the entire month. This special promotion is designed to give these artists increased exposure and to formally recognize jazz as America’s original art form. Through the years The Electronic Urban Report and its media partners have welcomed in depth interviews and career highlights from newcomers and industry legends such as Ramsey Lewis, Norman Brown, George Duke, Herbie Hancock and Quincy Jones.
Below is an excerpt from Quincy Jones as he is being interviewed by Lee Bailey and the press backstage at the 2009 Playboy Jazz festival. Enjoy this archived history lesson from multiple Grammy Award winner Quincy Jones, and join us in saluting jazz musicians everywhere as we anticipate the launch of EURweb’s first Jazzy In July series.
EURweb’s Jazzy In July is a marketing/promotional event and there are guidelines. Inquire at [email protected]. Put JAZZY IN JULY in the subject line. Deadline for submission is June 25th, 2012. Space is limited. For more on Quincy Jones, his music and humanitarian efforts, go to http://www.quincyjones.com/.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Iyanla Vanzant Interview | Black Hollywood Lives' Conversations (Watch)
- Here’s How the Man Murdoch Calls a 'Real Black President' Will Govern
- Karrueche Says Career Suffering Because Of Chris Brown
- Nicki Minaj Ends Interview After 'Rude' Questions About Drake, Meek Mill
- Fox Orders 3 More Episodes of Morris Chestnut’s ‘Rosewood’
- Rupert Murdock...Seriously? You're Going to Define Whose 'Really Black'
- Jennifer Hudson Opens Up About Murder of Family Members
- #BlackTwitter Comes for Piers Morgan Over ‘I Love My Whiteness’
- Matt Barnes: I Was Checking On My Kids, Not Confronting Derek Fisher
- Ben Carson Now Blaming the Holocaust on Gun Control (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here