In July EURweb presents an opportunity for jazz artists to gain exposure at EURweb.com for the entire month. This special promotion is designed to give these artists increased exposure and to formally recognize jazz as America’s original art form. Through the years The Electronic Urban Report and its media partners have welcomed in depth interviews and career highlights from newcomers and industry legends such as Ramsey Lewis, Norman Brown, George Duke, Herbie Hancock and Quincy Jones.
Below is an excerpt from Quincy Jones as he is being interviewed by Lee Bailey and the press backstage at the 2009 Playboy Jazz festival. Enjoy this archived history lesson from multiple Grammy Award winner Quincy Jones, and join us in saluting jazz musicians everywhere as we anticipate the launch of EURweb’s first Jazzy In July series.
EURweb’s Jazzy In July is a marketing/promotional event and there are guidelines. Inquire at [email protected]. Put JAZZY IN JULY in the subject line. Deadline for submission is June 25th, 2012. Space is limited. For more on Quincy Jones, his music and humanitarian efforts, go to http://www.quincyjones.com/.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Old Email from Farrell, PA's New Police Chief Includes the Word 'N*gger' and Prompts Outrage ... and Support from the Town's Black Mayor
- 60% of Staff at Movie Theater in Connecticut Have a Disability
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here