*As TV personality Tanisha “Pop Off” Thomas inches toward her wedding day with Clive Muir on Oxygen’s “Tanisha Gets Married,” the reformed “Bad Girls Club” vet shared with us the biggest surprise she encountered in the lead up to the nuptials.
“Oh my God, the cost,” she told EURweb. “How quickly the budget just goes out the window. You set aside one budget and you think that that number is going to be able to cover everything. And honey, they just start coming at you with all kinds of prices.”
“Then,” she continues, “the planners find out that you’re on television, you’re this big reality star, and they start thinking the checks are bigger than what they are. And what was $5,000 to plan the wedding has now become, ‘Oh, you need $15,000 to have a wedding of your kind of caliber.’ I’m like, ‘Cmon, honey. I know I’ve been to Hollywood, but I am not Hollywood yet.’ So let’s just take it down a notch.”
Below, Tanisha – speaking from experience – has some advice on how to determine the guest list for your wedding…and more importantly, your wedding reception.
New episodes of “Tanisha Gets Married” air at 10 p.m. on Oxygen. Watch a promo below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- LTC Eddie Smith Congratulates 100 Black Men Mentee of the Year
- THE (06-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Awards Winners List
- 50 Cent Arrested in St. Kitts for Using Dirty Word in Show
- TV One Sets Original Film ‘Bad Dad Rehab’ for July Premiere (EUR Exclusive)
- Montell Jordan Releases New Memoir & Returns To R&B
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here