*As TV personality Tanisha “Pop Off” Thomas inches toward her wedding day with Clive Muir on Oxygen’s “Tanisha Gets Married,” the reformed “Bad Girls Club” vet shared with us the biggest surprise she encountered in the lead up to the nuptials.
“Oh my God, the cost,” she told EURweb. “How quickly the budget just goes out the window. You set aside one budget and you think that that number is going to be able to cover everything. And honey, they just start coming at you with all kinds of prices.”
“Then,” she continues, “the planners find out that you’re on television, you’re this big reality star, and they start thinking the checks are bigger than what they are. And what was $5,000 to plan the wedding has now become, ‘Oh, you need $15,000 to have a wedding of your kind of caliber.’ I’m like, ‘Cmon, honey. I know I’ve been to Hollywood, but I am not Hollywood yet.’ So let’s just take it down a notch.”
Below, Tanisha – speaking from experience – has some advice on how to determine the guest list for your wedding…and more importantly, your wedding reception.
New episodes of “Tanisha Gets Married” air at 10 p.m. on Oxygen. Watch a promo below.
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here