*Floyd Mayweather Jr. turned himself in to a Las Vegas jail this afternoon to begin serving the remaining 87 days of his 90-day jail sentence for domestic violence. [Scroll down to watch.]
The boxer was given a three-day credit for time served after his arrest. 50 Cent was present in court for moral support.
Las Vegas Justice of the Peace Melissa Saragosa praised the boxing legend for having already completed 45 hours of community service — 20 hours at Habitat for Humanity, 10 hours at a Nevada food bank called Three Square and 15 hours at Las Vegas Rescue Mission. Floyd has 55 hours left to complete. In addition, Floyd has already completed 21 of his 54 required domestic violence classes.
“He’ll be all right,” Mayweather’s friend, rapper 50 Cent, told reporters afterward with ring adviser Leonard Ellerbe outside the courthouse in downtown Las Vegas.
“It’s an uncomfortable situation for everyone,” he said.
As previously reported, Mayweather was due to begin his sentence in January, but the judge postponed his jail date so he could fight Miguel Cotto on May 5th. Floyd won the bout, which made $94 million in pay-per-view sales.
Floyd pled guilty to misdemeanor domestic violence in December for beating up his ex-girlfriend Josie Harris in front of their kids. His next status conference is on Nov. 15, when Floyd will have to show he’s continuing to fulfill his court-ordered obligations.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Woman Nearly Burned House Down Trying Something She Saw on Facebook
- Rapper Lil Boosie Says He Has Kidney Cancer
- Kim Zolciak Emotional in ‘DWTS’ Return Following Stroke
- Gap Band Family Feud! Ronnie Wilson Sues Charlie Wilson
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here