*Floyd Mayweather Jr. turned himself in to a Las Vegas jail this afternoon to begin serving the remaining 87 days of his 90-day jail sentence for domestic violence. [Scroll down to watch.]
The boxer was given a three-day credit for time served after his arrest. 50 Cent was present in court for moral support.
Las Vegas Justice of the Peace Melissa Saragosa praised the boxing legend for having already completed 45 hours of community service — 20 hours at Habitat for Humanity, 10 hours at a Nevada food bank called Three Square and 15 hours at Las Vegas Rescue Mission. Floyd has 55 hours left to complete. In addition, Floyd has already completed 21 of his 54 required domestic violence classes.
“He’ll be all right,” Mayweather’s friend, rapper 50 Cent, told reporters afterward with ring adviser Leonard Ellerbe outside the courthouse in downtown Las Vegas.
“It’s an uncomfortable situation for everyone,” he said.
As previously reported, Mayweather was due to begin his sentence in January, but the judge postponed his jail date so he could fight Miguel Cotto on May 5th. Floyd won the bout, which made $94 million in pay-per-view sales.
Floyd pled guilty to misdemeanor domestic violence in December for beating up his ex-girlfriend Josie Harris in front of their kids. His next status conference is on Nov. 15, when Floyd will have to show he’s continuing to fulfill his court-ordered obligations.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Yolanda Adams Added to Fox’s Live Musical ‘The Passion’
- Lance Stephenson Drags Ex K. Michelle Over ‘Down in the DM’ Remix
- Cleveland Rescinds $500 ER Bill Sent to Tamir Rice’s Family
- Not a Good Cop Look: Ex-Sheriff, Lee Baca, Admits Guilt in False Statements
- Woman Accusing Chris Brown of Battery Files Lawsuit
- Wife of Thunder Asst. Coach Monty Williams Dies in Car Crash
- Diddy Joining ‘The Voice’ As Advisor to Pharrell Williams
- Janet Jackson Sighting: Paps Finally Catch Her After Surgery (Watch)
- Author of Kids Book Showing Happy Slaves Also Had Reservations
- Former Black Panthers Applaud Beyoncé’s Super Bowl Performance
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here