*(Baltimore, MD) – Thirteen year-old “Uplifting Minds II” (ULMII) entertainment conference goes back to its root with free admission for both the seminars and its national talent competition showcase, hosted by KDAY 93.5FM. Held Saturday, June 23, 2012 at the Celebrity Centre (5930 Franklin Ave, Hollywood, CA 90028) from 12 – 5 p.m. Starting with four intense entertainment business seminars and a talent showcase of ten artists, with a vocal and songwriting winner to received a long list of prizes and the 2012 ULMII Award, which comes with a year of free promotion.
The talent showcase competition judges’ impressive panel will have industry veterans former radio personality/social media mogul Lee Bailey (www.EURweb.com); radio personality Charmaine Bassett of the Lady Charmaine Show on Praise 98FM (www.Praise98FM.com); label owner and award winning guitarist Vernon Neilly (www.Boosweet.com), and Jazzy singer Rita Shelby (www.LaRitaShelby.com). The intense seminars will include “Getting radio Airplay” by Lady Charmaine also Praise 98FM’s program director; “Stage Presence” by Jazz vocalist Rita Shelby; “Marketing/Promotions Via Websites” by label owner Vernon Neilly, and “Public Relations/Media Strategies” by P.R. strategist and syndicated columnist Eunice Moseley (www.FreelanceAssociatesInc.com, www.ThePulseofEntertainment.com). Seminars are from 12 – 2 p.m., intermission with performances from former ULMII winners and veteran competitors L.A.’s R&B prince Trueful, Texas Pop twins’ 2U-Neek and last year’s vocal winner Mississippi’s Matthew Gadson.
Pre-registration is preferred for the seminars (but all are admitted) and attendees receive the “ULMII” Music Handbook Registration – register at www.UpliftingMinds2.com. Two winners of the talent showcase competitors in vocal and songwriting are voted on. Aside from the ULMII Award winners received a list of prizes that include free legal consultation by prominent entertainment attorney Paul Gardner II (www.TheGardnerLawGroup.com); free music track from four-time ULMII winner V.I.P. (www.DustDemAFF.com); free make up application and skin care consult by skin care specialist Jeannine Collins; free public relations/media and promotions consult/services from Eunice Moseley, a member of PRSA (www.FreelanceAssociatesInc.com); free commercial photo shoot by commercial photographer Ty Moore (www.IAmSharpEye.com), and free vocal lessons by vocal coach Nadiyah Kareem of Superstar Entertainment.
Freelance Associates PR & Promotions
Eunice Moseley – (866) 938-5220
- Joe Jackson Alert, Feeling Good After Stroke, Heart Attacks
- Stan Sheppard: 'Why Do A&R Directors Positions Still Exist?'
- Dr. Rosie Milligan: It's Time for Black Leadership to Make Sense
- Aretha Franklin, Nina Simone and Others Portrayed in 'A Night With Janis Joplin'
- The Socialist's Journal: Derek Luke
- Bobby Brown Speaks On Bobbi Kristina’s Death
- Nappywood’s 3rd L.A. Natural Hair & Lifestyle Expo Attracts Stars
- THE (07-28-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- NYC Principal Commits Suicide After Found Cheating on Common Core Test, DOE Releases Statement (Video)
- Gilbert Arenas' Deadly Accuracy Gets Him Banned From County Fair
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here