*(Via ABC News) – A day after a judge revoked George Zimmerman’s bail status for hiding a stash of money from the court, law enforcement officials say they are in constant contact with him and know his whereabouts as he makes his way to the Seminole County Jail in Sanford, Fla. this weekend.
Less than six weeks ago, George Zimmerman walked out of Seminole County Courthouse a free man on bail, preparing to live the next year or two of his life in hiding as he awaited the beginning of his high profile murder trial for the death of Trayvon Martin.
But a clearly piqued Circuit Court Judge Kenneth Lester ordered him back in jail by Sunday afternoon – a reaction to the surprise evidence introduced by the prosecution showing that Zimmerman held coded telephone conversations with his wife about the many tens of thousands of dollars he’d amassed his PayPal link opened on April 9 – and then told the court he was virtually penniless.
Since his attorney last month waived his right to a speedy trial, Zimmerman could conceivably spend the duration of the trial in isolation for his own security.
“At this time revoke his bond,” said Judge Kenneth Lester as court room observers gasped. “Order him to surrender himself within 48 hours.”
The prosecution presented at least four jailhouse phone conversations in which George and Shelly Zimmerman were apparently discussing tiny amounts of money, but were allegedly referring to some of the $200,000 supporters had poured into his PayPal account.
Read/learn more at ABC News.
Watch this video report:
- Bobby Shmurda, Girlfriend Plead Not Guilty to New Weapons Charges
- After Five Seasons, ‘Key & Peele’ Ending Comedy Central Run
- Neo-Soul Duo Presents Annual ‘Kindred the Family Reunion’ in Philly
- Amber Rose Reacts to Trolls Who Criticize 'Slut Walk' Initiative
- Neechy Gospel: New Music Video From Jonathan McReynolds LIMP
- Birdman Finally Speaks About Fallout with Lil Wayne (WATCH)
- Presidential Candidates Stymied by Black Lives Matter Movement
- Bounce TV to Launch New Original Series 'In The Cut' Tuesday August 25 at 9:00 p.m.
- John Legend Will Executive Produce and Score Slave Drama Series
- Racist Yells N-word At Black Mom; Lectures Her on Constitution (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here