*George Zimmerman surrendered to authorities in Florida on Sunday and has been taken into custody at the Seminole County Jail, two days after a judge revoked his $150,000 bond and ordered him to turn himself in.
Judge Kenneth R. Lester Jr. said on Friday that Zimmerman and his family had misled the court about their finances, and set a deadline of 2:30 p.m. Sunday for Zimmerman to surrender.
Mark O’Mara, Zimmerman’s attorney, said earlier Sunday that he was coordinating with the Sanford (Fla.) Police Dept. to “ensure Mr. Zimmerman’s security when he turns himself in.”
Zimmerman, who is charged with second-degree murder in the Feb. 26 shooting death of Trayvon Martin, “has been living in a secure, undisclosed location” since being released on bond in April. According to O’Mara, “there are significant threats” against the former neighborhood watchman’s life.
Read/lean more at Yahoo News.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- SNL's 'The Day Beyoncé Turned Black' is Beyond Hilarious (WATCH)
- Video Shows Raven-Symone Didn't Get 'Slapped Upside the Chest' (WATCH)
- VIDEO: Who will President Obama Pick to Replace Justice Scalia?
- Toni Braxton Confirms 'Love, Marriage & Divorce Part 2' with Babyface
- Jaden Smith Flaunts New Tesla X, That's Not Even Available Yet
- Obama Informs Republicans He WILL Nominate Scalia's Replacement
- Hip-Hop Met Fats Waller in LA!
- Michael Jordan's Rep Responds to 'Crying Jordan' Memes
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia Found Dead
- Steph, Ayesha & Michelle Have Fun with 'Banana' Song (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here