*George Zimmerman surrendered to authorities in Florida on Sunday and has been taken into custody at the Seminole County Jail, two days after a judge revoked his $150,000 bond and ordered him to turn himself in.
Judge Kenneth R. Lester Jr. said on Friday that Zimmerman and his family had misled the court about their finances, and set a deadline of 2:30 p.m. Sunday for Zimmerman to surrender.
Mark O’Mara, Zimmerman’s attorney, said earlier Sunday that he was coordinating with the Sanford (Fla.) Police Dept. to “ensure Mr. Zimmerman’s security when he turns himself in.”
Zimmerman, who is charged with second-degree murder in the Feb. 26 shooting death of Trayvon Martin, “has been living in a secure, undisclosed location” since being released on bond in April. According to O’Mara, “there are significant threats” against the former neighborhood watchman’s life.
Read/lean more at Yahoo News.
- Bobbi Kristina’s Family Upset Over Nick Gordon Visiting Gravesite: Report
- '1st Annual MADCatfish Blues Festival' Jumps Off Labor Day Weekend, at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
- White Woman Throws Shoes at Talib Kweli for Talking #BlackLivesMatter
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Eazy E’s Daughter Says Suge Knight Did NOT Kill her Dad
- TNT Exclusive: Jazmin Truesdale Gives Black Comic Fans Heroes That Resemble Themselves (Watch)
- Aretha Franklin Sues to Block ‘Amazing Grace’ Screening at Telluride
- Pitbull Announces Date of His ‘Empire’ Episode and Jussie Smollett Duet (Listen)
- Watch Chilling New Trailer for Idris Elba’s ‘Beasts of No Nation’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here