*George Zimmerman surrendered to authorities in Florida on Sunday and has been taken into custody at the Seminole County Jail, two days after a judge revoked his $150,000 bond and ordered him to turn himself in.
Judge Kenneth R. Lester Jr. said on Friday that Zimmerman and his family had misled the court about their finances, and set a deadline of 2:30 p.m. Sunday for Zimmerman to surrender.
Mark O’Mara, Zimmerman’s attorney, said earlier Sunday that he was coordinating with the Sanford (Fla.) Police Dept. to “ensure Mr. Zimmerman’s security when he turns himself in.”
Zimmerman, who is charged with second-degree murder in the Feb. 26 shooting death of Trayvon Martin, “has been living in a secure, undisclosed location” since being released on bond in April. According to O’Mara, “there are significant threats” against the former neighborhood watchman’s life.
Read/lean more at Yahoo News.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here