*George Zimmerman surrendered to authorities in Florida on Sunday and has been taken into custody at the Seminole County Jail, two days after a judge revoked his $150,000 bond and ordered him to turn himself in.
Judge Kenneth R. Lester Jr. said on Friday that Zimmerman and his family had misled the court about their finances, and set a deadline of 2:30 p.m. Sunday for Zimmerman to surrender.
Mark O’Mara, Zimmerman’s attorney, said earlier Sunday that he was coordinating with the Sanford (Fla.) Police Dept. to “ensure Mr. Zimmerman’s security when he turns himself in.”
Zimmerman, who is charged with second-degree murder in the Feb. 26 shooting death of Trayvon Martin, “has been living in a secure, undisclosed location” since being released on bond in April. According to O’Mara, “there are significant threats” against the former neighborhood watchman’s life.
Read/lean more at Yahoo News.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Alexandra Shipp & the 'X-Men: Apocalypse’ Cast in the Big Apple
- Savion Glover's Feet Perform Magical Feats
- Keke Palmer Said to be Replacing Tamar Braxton on 'The Real?' (Report)
- First Look: Cynthia Bailey's New Luxury Luggage Line 'CARGO by Cynthia Bailey'
- Whitney Houston Estate in Court Fighting $11 Million Tax Bill
- 107-Year-Old Trades Dance Partner Pres. Obama for Dusty Baker (Watch)
- Police Test Bullets in T.I. Club Shooting to Determine Number of Guns Used
- Neil Brown Jr. Joins Issa Rae’s HBO Comedy ‘Insecure’
- Mariah Carey Checks Lee Daniels AND Wendy Williams for Saying She’s ‘Too Fragile’ (Watch)
- Tamar Braxton Reacts to ‘The Real’ Firing on Next ‘Braxton Family Values’ (Teaser)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here