*George Zimmerman surrendered to authorities in Florida on Sunday and has been taken into custody at the Seminole County Jail, two days after a judge revoked his $150,000 bond and ordered him to turn himself in.
Judge Kenneth R. Lester Jr. said on Friday that Zimmerman and his family had misled the court about their finances, and set a deadline of 2:30 p.m. Sunday for Zimmerman to surrender.
Mark O’Mara, Zimmerman’s attorney, said earlier Sunday that he was coordinating with the Sanford (Fla.) Police Dept. to “ensure Mr. Zimmerman’s security when he turns himself in.”
Zimmerman, who is charged with second-degree murder in the Feb. 26 shooting death of Trayvon Martin, “has been living in a secure, undisclosed location” since being released on bond in April. According to O’Mara, “there are significant threats” against the former neighborhood watchman’s life.
Read/lean more at Yahoo News.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Apollo Nida Breaking Jailhouse Rules Because ... He's Famous
- Homeless Woman and Millionaire Brought Together by a (Wait for it) Dog
- Wiz Khalifa Sued for $2 Million by Former Label
- TV Host Tomi Lahren Rips Jesse Williams, BET for ‘Race Baiting’ & 'Perpetuating War on Cops' (Watch)
- CNN’s Marc Lamont Hill to Host Late-Night Talk Show for VH1
- Essence Festival to Honor Prince With NOLA-Themed Tribute Closing Night
- Regina King, Idris Elba, Ice Cube among Flood of Black Talent Invited Into Academy (See List)
- Woman's Impromptu National Anthem Stops DC Tourists in their Tracks (Watch)
- Jessica Williams to Exit ‘The Daily Show’ for Own Comedy Central Pilot
- Why EJ Johnson Decided Against Transitioning: ‘I Thought About it For Sure’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here