*In my childhood home, a small plaque hung on the kitchen wall. It said, Prayer Changes Things, says Gordon MacDonald at Christianity Today.
This little motto sparked my first theological musings on the nature of prayer … not too bad when you’re only five or six years old.
Could this really be true? I often wondered, as I downed my Cheerios. Frankly, my personal experience did not support the credibility of that statement.
After all, prayer hadn’t forestalled my punishment when my father discovered the living room lamp I’d broken. Prayer hadn’t closed down school the day it snowed. Neither had it hastened the coming of Christmas, produced a new bike, or brought the pastor’s long and deadly Sunday sermon to a merciful end.
So what things did prayer change? Perhaps the adults knew. I didn’t.
Read the full article here.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- John Wayne's Ultra-Racist Views of African Americans Ran Deep
- Parking Lot Crowded, Can't Locate Your Car? Meet 'Zus'
- Draya Michele's Post-Baby Body - Richard Sherman Pranks Himself
- You Can Purchase 'Boycott Beyoncé' Shirts at 'Formation' Tour
- R.Kelly Accused of Screwing Promoter Out of $500k
- W. Kamau Bell Screens 'United Shades of America' in Atlanta
- Flavor Flav Offered to Give O.J. Simpson Back His Bronze Statue
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Javier Colon performs May 4, 2016 at Rams Head on Stage
- Ludacris' Secret to Making it Rain and Having Good Skin (WATCH)
- LL Cool J Charms at ‘Hamilton' - Gabrielle Union Slams Hollywood
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here