*In my childhood home, a small plaque hung on the kitchen wall. It said, Prayer Changes Things, says Gordon MacDonald at Christianity Today.
This little motto sparked my first theological musings on the nature of prayer … not too bad when you’re only five or six years old.
Could this really be true? I often wondered, as I downed my Cheerios. Frankly, my personal experience did not support the credibility of that statement.
After all, prayer hadn’t forestalled my punishment when my father discovered the living room lamp I’d broken. Prayer hadn’t closed down school the day it snowed. Neither had it hastened the coming of Christmas, produced a new bike, or brought the pastor’s long and deadly Sunday sermon to a merciful end.
So what things did prayer change? Perhaps the adults knew. I didn’t.
Read the full article here.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Janelle Monáe to Wardrobe Critic: ‘I’m Not For Male Consumption’
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- 'Ice Age' Interview: 'Hit This...We're Done Anyways' - Wanda Sykes (WATCH)
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Mariah Carey to Receive Bravo’s 1st Ever ‘Giving Me Life Achievement Award’
- Parliament-Funkadelic Keyboardist Bernie Worrell Dies at 72
- Erykah Badu Directs Video for Robert Glasper Collabo ‘Maiysha (So Long)’ (Watch)
- TLC Begins Production on Tyler Perry's 'Too Close to Home'
- Deon Cole of ‘Black-ish’ Scores Standup Special on Comedy Central
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here