*Somebody is going to jail for a very long time.
The now ex-executive music producer, James ‘Jimmy Henchman” Rosemond, was found guilty of 13 charges for allegedly heading the Rosemond Organization – a bi-coastal drug ring.
According to reports, the music mogul appeared numb when the jury read the verdict, while his family and friends showed signs of disappointment.
“I am very disappointed by the verdict,” Rosemond’s lawyer Gerald Shargel told AllHipHop.com. “There were a lot of reasons to doubt the government’s case.”
Also, another major music executive, Kareem ‘Biggs’ Burke is getting locked up for allegedly participating in a drug ring.
Burke, co founder of Roc-A-Fella, was sentenced to five years for conspiracy to distribute marijuana – 100 kilos. Along with his long sentence, he’s got to pay $600,000 fee to give up to the court.
He pleaded guilty of all charges which may get him the privilege of being paroled after two years.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Nigga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Prince Update: Family Gifted Big Bucks by George Lopez
- Latice Crawford Releases ‘Diary of a Church Girl’ May 20
- Wilmore's 'My Nigga' to Obama Gets Black Twitter Approval, But not Najee Ali
- Aisha Tyler: African-American Teens Must 'Be Brave' About College
- Poet Pens Stunning Piece About Appropriating Black Slang (WATCH)
- Oprah's Not Worried About Flack From Church Folk
- Prince Entered Treatment Program for Hip Pain & Medication Use
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here