*One time GOP presidential candidate Herman Cain will become a full time radio talk show host on January 21 — a.k.a. Inauguration Day — replacing Neal Boortz, the former speech writer for Georgia segregationist Gov. Lester Maddox.
Boortz, who is retiring, has been a radio personality for 42 years and began his talk show in 1992 at Atlanta’s WSB. He is of course against President Obama and describes his politics as libertarian — he has opposed public schools and favors legalized abortion and same-sex marriage. But he also stirred up controversy by calling neurological conditions ADD and ADHD “medical frauds” and famously ridiculed the speech of a child with a learning disability.
Cain says that “the torch Boortz is handing off to me will blaze as bright, as bold, and as loud as ever. …He may be ‘The TalkMaster,’ but Neal’s listeners know I’m the ‘The Dean of the University of Common Sense.’”
Cain had a radio show on WSB before he ran for president, and frequently appeared on Boortz’ show, which is syndicated by Cox Media and Dial Global.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Stars Come Out for TV One's New Series 'Here We Go Again' in Atlanta (Pics)
- Overbrook Entertainment (Will Smith's Co.) 'Lacks Diversity' (Watch)
- The Socialist's Journal: The Problem for Democrats
- Ex-NFLer Bill Romanowski Calls Cam Newton ‘Boy’ in Racist Rant, Later Apologizes
- Breaking Down America's Wealth in Black and White
- Ciara Files to Sue Future for $15 Million
- New Reports Puts When and How Much Porn Americans Watch on Blast
- Rudy Giuliani Accuses Beyoncé of Attacking Police with Super Bowl Performance
- THE (02-09-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ray J Issues Goes Legal on Ex-Business Partner Over Past Kim K Drama
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here