*One time GOP presidential candidate Herman Cain will become a full time radio talk show host on January 21 — a.k.a. Inauguration Day — replacing Neal Boortz, the former speech writer for Georgia segregationist Gov. Lester Maddox.
Boortz, who is retiring, has been a radio personality for 42 years and began his talk show in 1992 at Atlanta’s WSB. He is of course against President Obama and describes his politics as libertarian — he has opposed public schools and favors legalized abortion and same-sex marriage. But he also stirred up controversy by calling neurological conditions ADD and ADHD “medical frauds” and famously ridiculed the speech of a child with a learning disability.
Cain says that “the torch Boortz is handing off to me will blaze as bright, as bold, and as loud as ever. …He may be ‘The TalkMaster,’ but Neal’s listeners know I’m the ‘The Dean of the University of Common Sense.’”
Cain had a radio show on WSB before he ran for president, and frequently appeared on Boortz’ show, which is syndicated by Cox Media and Dial Global.
- LISTEN to Newcomer Babs Savage's New Hit 'La La' - A Unique Twist on the Delfonic's Classic
- #AaliyahForMAC: Aaliyah Fans Start Petition for MAC Line
- Naomi Campbell Convicted of Assault By Italian Court
- Whites Burst into Black Girl's Birthday Party Holding Confed Flags (Watch)
- Ice & Coco Expecting Baby Girl, Talk is Key to a Successful Marriage (VIDEO)
- Thursday's First Republican Debate Line Up Released
- Joe Jackson Out of the Hospital After Stroke
- Woman Sues Lee Daniels for $300M Claiming She Inspired Cookie Role
- Banned from Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral, Nick Gordon Mourns on Beach
- Jadeveon Clowney’s Dad Charged with Attempted Murder
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here