*One time GOP presidential candidate Herman Cain will become a full time radio talk show host on January 21 — a.k.a. Inauguration Day — replacing Neal Boortz, the former speech writer for Georgia segregationist Gov. Lester Maddox.
Boortz, who is retiring, has been a radio personality for 42 years and began his talk show in 1992 at Atlanta’s WSB. He is of course against President Obama and describes his politics as libertarian — he has opposed public schools and favors legalized abortion and same-sex marriage. But he also stirred up controversy by calling neurological conditions ADD and ADHD “medical frauds” and famously ridiculed the speech of a child with a learning disability.
Cain says that “the torch Boortz is handing off to me will blaze as bright, as bold, and as loud as ever. …He may be ‘The TalkMaster,’ but Neal’s listeners know I’m the ‘The Dean of the University of Common Sense.’”
Cain had a radio show on WSB before he ran for president, and frequently appeared on Boortz’ show, which is syndicated by Cox Media and Dial Global.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Chris Brown Snatches Phone Away From Woman Recording Him (Watch)
- Malia Obama to Intern This Summer at U.S. Embassy in Spain
- Usher’s ‘Don’t Trump America’ Shirt from BET Awards Now On Sale
- Lil Wayne’s Prison Memoir ‘Gone Til November’ Finally Due in October
- Dollywood's 'World's Fastest Wooden Coaster' is Slowed due to Recall
- Be Someone Partners W/ Police for Brains Before Bullets
- THE (06-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Music Exec Salutes Billy Paul & Luther Vandross
- Before Muhammad Ali's Death, Son Says 'Evil Stepmom' Kept Him Prisoner
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young Because He Impregnated His Ex
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here