*One time GOP presidential candidate Herman Cain will become a full time radio talk show host on January 21 — a.k.a. Inauguration Day — replacing Neal Boortz, the former speech writer for Georgia segregationist Gov. Lester Maddox.
Boortz, who is retiring, has been a radio personality for 42 years and began his talk show in 1992 at Atlanta’s WSB. He is of course against President Obama and describes his politics as libertarian — he has opposed public schools and favors legalized abortion and same-sex marriage. But he also stirred up controversy by calling neurological conditions ADD and ADHD “medical frauds” and famously ridiculed the speech of a child with a learning disability.
Cain says that “the torch Boortz is handing off to me will blaze as bright, as bold, and as loud as ever. …He may be ‘The TalkMaster,’ but Neal’s listeners know I’m the ‘The Dean of the University of Common Sense.’”
Cain had a radio show on WSB before he ran for president, and frequently appeared on Boortz’ show, which is syndicated by Cox Media and Dial Global.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- ‘The Real’: Loni Love, Jeannie Mai Show Love to Former Co-host Tamar Braxton
- Two Prince Estate Claimants Object to Required DNA Test
- Woman Arrested Outside Usher’s Studio Defying Restraining Order
- Jason Derulo Splits with 50 Cent’s Baby Mama Daphne Joy
- Baby Fat Shamed As 'Stuff Curry' Becomes Internet Favorite
- PA Judge Rules Bill Cosby Trial Can Proceed on All Charges
- Prince Fans Confused After Minnesota Declares ‘Beyonce Day’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here