*Grammy award winner Hezekiah Walker will be among the phenomenal gospel stars who will be performing at Brooklyn’s new Barclays Center. In an exclusive interview he said it was like a dream come true for him.
“There used to be a bakery right behind the grounds. We would come down just to smell the bread and as we were, you know, there smelling the bread we was all sitting around saying what we (were) gonna become. I remember saying, ‘you know I want to become a gospel singer.’ They looked and me and laughed because they didn’t even know that I sung. I kinda felt a little bad because everybody was saying that they wanted to be basketball players and football players. Never thought in a million years that would happen, that I would become a gospel singer and I would be singing on the same grounds that I actually said I wanted to sing on.”
He shared something else that he is finally going to cross off of his dream list.
“August 5 I’m going to be doing a live recording in Central Park, which is another dream of mine that has come true. I remember years ago as a small boy I remember watching TV and I remember watching the Diana Ross live concert in Central Park. I never forget sitting there saying you know I would love to do a gospel concert live recording in Central Park. Well, it has come true.”
It will be a mix of new music and some of his greatest hits, Walker revealed.
On December 10 Walker will headline “A Night of Hope” benefit concert at the Barclays Center featuring guest performances from CeCe Winans, Fred Hammond, Kelly Price, and others. A portion of the proceeds will benefit The Children of Haiti Relief Fund.
For more information about the arena visit Barclayscenter.com.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Peter Thomas and Cynthia Bailey Catch New Legal Battle
- Designer of Prince’s Purple Rain, Lovesexy & Parade Album Covers Reminisces
- Prince’s Music Vault Reportedly ‘Drilled Open’ by Bank Overseeing Estate
- Four 911 Calls Made from Paisley Park Between 2013 and Prince’s Death
- Joy Reid to Take Over Melissa Harris Perry’s Former MSNBC Timeslots
- EUR on the Red Carpet with Key and Peele's New Funny Flick, 'Keanu' (Watch)
- Larry Wilmore on Hosting Final WHCD Under Obama: ‘I’m Very Nervous’
- Beyonce’s Protégé Duo Chloe x Halle Premiere EP ‘Sugar Symphony’ (Listen)
- Rookie Cop Beats Handcuffed Woman & it's Caught on Camera! (WATCH)
- Prince Death Probe: Authorities Looking for 'Friendly' Docs who Prescribed Pills
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here