The accusation that Creflo Dollar choked his daughter last week has had the black community talking about it as if the era of whipping your kids is over.
Essence writer Demetria Lucas took on the topic and asked if we go too far sometimes as parents
Check out an excerpt from Demetria Lucas’ post on disciplining our children:
Creflo Dollar, founder and pastor of the Atlanta-based megachurch World Changers International, was arrested on Friday and charged with simple battery and child cruelty after he allegedly attacked his 15-year-old daughter. She claims her father threw her to the ground, punched her in the face, and hit her with a shoe, according to the police report. On the 911 tape, she also said that “it was not the first time it’s happened.” Dollar’s 19-year-old daughter backs up her younger sister’s claims.
In an initial statement from his lawyer, Dollar said, “I love my children and I always have their best interest at heart at all times, and I would never use my hand to ever cause bodily harm to my children.”
Read more at Essence.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ashanti Produces New Film ('Mothers and Daughters') with Superstar Cast (Watch)
- Birdman on 'Respek' Trending & Confronting The Breakfast Club
- Report Says Percocet Found in Prince's System
- Rappers Arrested for Credit Card Fraud after Rapping about Crimes in Songs
- L. A. City Hall Salutes 'Prince' on Friday, May 6, (Open to Public FREE)
- Alicia Keys Drops New Single - Ellen's $10,000 Gift to Dance Crew (WATCH)
- Prince’s ‘Kiss’ Performed Randomly on Subway Just Days Before He Died (Watch)
- Behind the Scenes of Janet Jackson’s New Video for ‘Dammn Baby’ (Watch)
- #AirbnbWhileBlack Exposes Racism Faced by Black Renters
- ‘Dear White People’ to Become a Netflix Series
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here