While his fascinating character as a controversial detective John Luther in the BBC crime drama series wows audiences, he’s the captain of a spaceship in his new gig, “Prometheus,” which is set to premiere in theaters this weekend on June 8.
In a recent interview with Collider, the actor expressed his delight with the success of his show and new movie. He also confirmed that there will be a season 3 of “Luther.”
About his character in the series, he said Luther is definitely rough, but very appealing to a massive audience.
“I think it’s a combination of the writing and the characterizations. Even though it’s very British, it’s larger than life and larger than the usual for British TV. I think that weird conundrum of elements is what makes Luther a bit special. It’s like watching a comic book version of Columbo. It’s slightly cooler, and just as weird and troubled. I love Luther. I can’t wait to go back and play him, even though it’s probably the toughest job I’ve ever done because of how much we try to cram in. We make mini-movies, in these episodes. I really appreciate you saying that because, after winning that Golden Globe, that was when I realized that, “Wow, there’s an audience outside of East London.”
About his involvement with “Prometheus,” Elba explained that his first encounter with the script was a bit secretive. A guard delivered the document to him at his home and the same security type guy stood outside until he was done; and then it was taken back.
The actor is quite excited to have worked with Ridley Scott again, praising him for the work he’s done.
“Working with Ridley again was the main draw. Secondly, Ridley’s films are amazing, and him stepping back into the world of sci-fi was just exciting for everyone. He practically delivered the blueprint for making a film about extraterrestrials, and here we are, about to embark on something that is probably one of his finest pieces of work in that genre.
Read/learn more at Collider.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Sanaa Lathan Lands 'Racially-Charged' Drama, Hannibal Buress Debuts Unaired Pilot
- GOP Gov Freezes Funds for Chicago’s 'Operation CeaseFire' As Homicides Rise
- The Film Strip: Joe Wright on Diversity and Rooney Mara on Being Clothed in 'PAN'
- 'Blue Lives Matter' Billboard Campaign Aims to Honor Cops ... And Distract From 'That Other One'
- Snoop Dogg, Birdman, Jermaine Dupri, Damon Dash to Star in BET Reality Series
- Three 6 Mafia Rapper Koopsta Knicca Dies of Stroke at 40
- Freshman, 18, Dies in Shooting at Texas Southern University; Obama Protested in Ore.
- Baltimore Mayor Compares Cop/Community Relations to Bad Marriage
- Malcolm Jamal Warner: ‘Cosby Show’ Legacy ‘Tarnished’ by Bill Cosby (Watch)
- Raven Symone Says She Wouldn't Hire Someone With Ethnic Sounding Name; #BlackTwitter Pounces
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here