*Jennifer Hudson will honor her late nephew on his birthday this August by hosting a dinner to raise money for a charity launched in his memory.
In 2008, the Oscar winner’s young nephew Julian King was shot dead by his estranged stepfather William Balfour in a horrific triple murder, in which Hudson’s mother Darnell Donerson and brother Jason Hudson were also killed in their Chicago home.
Jennifer and her sister Julia, the mother of the 7-year -old, set up the Julian King Foundation and are planning to mark what would have been his ninth birthday on Aug. 14 with a benefit to boost donations to the children’s charity, according to E! Online.
The Julian King Foundation was founded to help underprivileged kids in the Chicago area.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Columbus Short, Vivica A. Fox, Evan Ross Set for ‘True to the Game’
- Gabrielle Union, Jimmy Fallon Spice Up High School Announcements (Watch)
- Bobby Brown Inks Deal for ‘Raw and Unvarnished’ Memoir
- Tracy Morgan Performs First Standup Gig Since Crash
- Steven Ivory: If You're Tired of Starting Over....
- Omarosa to Host the 2015 African American Vanguard Awards
- Sorry Hillary: T.I Doesn’t Want a Woman as President
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Talks Pressure Playing O.J. Simpson in ‘Crime Story’
- Will Packer Talks 'Organic Diversity' of New 'Truth Be Told' Series (EUR Exclusive)
- A ‘Much Happier’ NeNe Leakes Reflects on Leaving RHOA, Possible Return
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here