*Jennifer Hudson will honor her late nephew on his birthday this August by hosting a dinner to raise money for a charity launched in his memory.
In 2008, the Oscar winner’s young nephew Julian King was shot dead by his estranged stepfather William Balfour in a horrific triple murder, in which Hudson’s mother Darnell Donerson and brother Jason Hudson were also killed in their Chicago home.
Jennifer and her sister Julia, the mother of the 7-year -old, set up the Julian King Foundation and are planning to mark what would have been his ninth birthday on Aug. 14 with a benefit to boost donations to the children’s charity, according to E! Online.
The Julian King Foundation was founded to help underprivileged kids in the Chicago area.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Deion Sanders Hit With $1M Lawsuit Over Assault at Son's School
- Apollo Nida Breaking Jailhouse Rules Because ... He's Famous
- Homeless Woman and Millionaire Brought Together by a (Wait for it) Dog
- Wiz Khalifa Sued for $2 Million by Former Label
- TV Host Tomi Lahren Rips Jesse Williams, BET for ‘Race Baiting’ & 'Perpetuating War on Cops' (Watch)
- CNN’s Marc Lamont Hill to Host Late-Night Talk Show for VH1
- Essence Festival to Honor Prince With NOLA-Themed Tribute Closing Night
- Regina King, Idris Elba, Ice Cube among Flood of Black Talent Invited Into Academy (See List)
- Woman's Impromptu National Anthem Stops DC Tourists in their Tracks (Watch)
- The Africa Channel Launches Ubuntu Awards
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here