*Jennifer Hudson will honor her late nephew on his birthday this August by hosting a dinner to raise money for a charity launched in his memory.
In 2008, the Oscar winner’s young nephew Julian King was shot dead by his estranged stepfather William Balfour in a horrific triple murder, in which Hudson’s mother Darnell Donerson and brother Jason Hudson were also killed in their Chicago home.
Jennifer and her sister Julia, the mother of the 7-year -old, set up the Julian King Foundation and are planning to mark what would have been his ninth birthday on Aug. 14 with a benefit to boost donations to the children’s charity, according to E! Online.
The Julian King Foundation was founded to help underprivileged kids in the Chicago area.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Alexandra Shipp & the 'X-Men: Apocalypse’ Cast in the Big Apple
- Savion Glover's Feet Perform Magical Feats
- Keke Palmer Said to be Replacing Tamar Braxton on 'The Real?' (Report)
- First Look: Cynthia Bailey's New Luxury Luggage Line 'CARGO by Cynthia Bailey'
- Whitney Houston Estate in Court Fighting $11 Million Tax Bill
- 107-Year-Old Trades Dance Partner Pres. Obama for Dusty Baker (Watch)
- Police Test Bullets in T.I. Club Shooting to Determine Number of Guns Used
- Neil Brown Jr. Joins Issa Rae’s HBO Comedy ‘Insecure’
- Mariah Carey Checks Lee Daniels AND Wendy Williams for Saying She’s ‘Too Fragile’ (Watch)
- Tamar Braxton Reacts to ‘The Real’ Firing on Next ‘Braxton Family Values’ (Teaser)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here