But she showed a softer side of herself in an interview with the Christian Post, talking about what keeps her centered as she works hard in an unpredictable industry as well as her new movie, “Brother White.”
The film tells the story of a young man raised in the Mennonite tradition who leaves the community to preach at a church in South Central Los Angeles.
She was approached by the real ‘Brother White’ to be a part of the movie.
“He is such a sweetheart, and I just liked him. He’s so successful, and when you meet him, he just has pleasantness about him. But he asked for me … and when I asked why he left. He has written a series of movies. He’s just a pleasant guy,” Harry explained.
“I asked him, ‘Why do you want me to do this?’ and he replied, ‘You just seem pleasant to work with.’ It just happened like that. Things just happen in mysterious ways. I’m mainly an actress, but sometimes you get projects that make you go, ‘hmmm.'”
As far as staying centered, the actress explained that developing a strong foundation is a struggle but necessary since life can get a little stressful.
“Right now I am trying to be in a place of calm, a place where I can chill out and then handle the chaos of life better. You don’t just get it overnight; you have to work at it. It’s a daily struggle,” Harry explained.
“You can’t fake it. I’ve tried,” she noted. “You have to be sincere.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here