*If Jamie Foxx has his way, he’ll go from playing a freed slave in “Django Unchained” to the president of the United States in the upcoming Roland Emmerich film “White House Down.”
Variety reports that the Oscar winner, currently filming “Django” in New Orleans [scroll down for the trailer], is in talks for “White House Down,” which follows a Secret Service agent who must save the president following a raid on the Oval Office.
Sources tell Variety that Foxx is intrigued by the presidential role and his reps have engaged Emmerich: “Official negotiations haven’t begun as Foxx has yet to receive an actual offer, but both sides will continue to pursue the deal.”
Channing Tatum will star as the Secret Service agent who leaps into action to defend the President when a paramilitary group takes over the White House and holds everyone inside hostage.
Below is the first, full-length teaser trailer for “Django Unchained,” in theaters Christmas 2012.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- David Cash Reemerges as 'Justdavid'
- ‘Deadpool’ Off the Charts, ‘Single’ Suffers, and ‘Zoolander 2’ is Clueless
- Russell Simmons Announces All Def Movie Awards
- Aretha Franklin to Perform for First Time Ever in Windsor, Ontario, Canada
- LAUSD Whistleblower Protection - Does it Exist?
- Meryl Streep's 'We’re all African' Crazy Talk About Diversity
- Cam Newton Posts Heartfelt Message to his Supporters
- Boot Campaign Honors Lieutenant Colonel Dr. Marie Walters
- Black History Month at ESPN: 'SportsCenter' at Hampton for Historic Lacrosse Match; ‘Rise Up’; ‘Spike Lee’s Lil Joints’; NBA's John Wall & Miyah
- ICYMI: POTUS on ‘Ellen’; Ruben & Fantasia on ‘American Idol’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here