*If Jamie Foxx has his way, he’ll go from playing a freed slave in “Django Unchained” to the president of the United States in the upcoming Roland Emmerich film “White House Down.”
Variety reports that the Oscar winner, currently filming “Django” in New Orleans [scroll down for the trailer], is in talks for “White House Down,” which follows a Secret Service agent who must save the president following a raid on the Oval Office.
Sources tell Variety that Foxx is intrigued by the presidential role and his reps have engaged Emmerich: “Official negotiations haven’t begun as Foxx has yet to receive an actual offer, but both sides will continue to pursue the deal.”
Channing Tatum will star as the Secret Service agent who leaps into action to defend the President when a paramilitary group takes over the White House and holds everyone inside hostage.
Below is the first, full-length teaser trailer for “Django Unchained,” in theaters Christmas 2012.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Naughty by Nature Hitting the Road to Celebrate 25th Anniversary
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Jasmyne Cannick: Before Cops Encourage the Public to Snitch Maybe They Should Lead By Example (VIDEO)
- Taye Diggs on ‘Rosewood’ Gig: ‘I Knew It Was Going to Be Fun’
- RECAP: Empire (S2, Ep9) Sinned Against
- Jason Kidd Suspended for Slapping Ball Out of Ref’s Hand (Watch)
- Mariah Carey, Ex-Husband Nick Cannon Spend Thanksgiving Together
- Siri Gives Taraji P. Henson Attitude in New Apple Music Ad
- Provocative New Ebook Details Trump and the GOP’s Race Baiting History and the White House Race
- Put the 'Black' Back in 'Black Friday'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here