*If Jamie Foxx has his way, he’ll go from playing a freed slave in “Django Unchained” to the president of the United States in the upcoming Roland Emmerich film “White House Down.”
Variety reports that the Oscar winner, currently filming “Django” in New Orleans [scroll down for the trailer], is in talks for “White House Down,” which follows a Secret Service agent who must save the president following a raid on the Oval Office.
Sources tell Variety that Foxx is intrigued by the presidential role and his reps have engaged Emmerich: “Official negotiations haven’t begun as Foxx has yet to receive an actual offer, but both sides will continue to pursue the deal.”
Channing Tatum will star as the Secret Service agent who leaps into action to defend the President when a paramilitary group takes over the White House and holds everyone inside hostage.
Below is the first, full-length teaser trailer for “Django Unchained,” in theaters Christmas 2012.
- Louisiana Cop Exposed in KKK Photo Still On Force; Refuses to Resign
- Man Found With O.J. Simpson’s Stolen Heisman Trophy Arrested
- Afroman Avoids Jail After Punching a Woman in the Face
- ‘The Voice’ Beef: Gwen Stefani Not Happy With Rihanna’s ‘Advisor’ Role?
- Wendy Williams ‘Disappointed’ in Nicki Minaj Checking Miley Cyrus (Watch)
- Deborah Cox Joins Off-Broadway Play about Transgender Identity
- Farrah Franklin (Destiny's Child) Officially Debuts with Sexy New Single: 'Magic and Makeup'
- Black Family Says They Received Racist Threats During Camping Trip
- Prosecutors to Seek Death Penalty for Charleston Church Shooter
- Soul of the US Open: Serena Williams Survives Nuisance Nederlander; Venus Takes Step Two Toward Spoiling Sister's Slam Bid
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here