*If Jamie Foxx has his way, he’ll go from playing a freed slave in “Django Unchained” to the president of the United States in the upcoming Roland Emmerich film “White House Down.”
Variety reports that the Oscar winner, currently filming “Django” in New Orleans [scroll down for the trailer], is in talks for “White House Down,” which follows a Secret Service agent who must save the president following a raid on the Oval Office.
Sources tell Variety that Foxx is intrigued by the presidential role and his reps have engaged Emmerich: “Official negotiations haven’t begun as Foxx has yet to receive an actual offer, but both sides will continue to pursue the deal.”
Channing Tatum will star as the Secret Service agent who leaps into action to defend the President when a paramilitary group takes over the White House and holds everyone inside hostage.
Below is the first, full-length teaser trailer for “Django Unchained,” in theaters Christmas 2012.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- It's GAME Time! Says Fashion Accessory Brand, Sprayground
- Trump Takes GOP Nomination; Will Black America Listen to His Presidential Plan? (Video)
- Afrika Bambaataa Now Accused of Molesting Hundreds of Boys
- Prince Offered to Mentor Chris Brown After Rihanna Incident
- OWN Staff Blindsided by Exit of Oprah’s Longtime Confident Sheri Salata (Report)
- FoxNews.Com Pulls Comment Section of Malia Obama Story After Racists Take Over
- Pres. Obama Drinks Filtered Flint Water to Show It's Safe (Watch)
- Blake Shelton Curses Out Beyonce’s Country Haters (Watch)
- Report: Janet Jackson Pregnant With First Child at Nearly 50
- Radio Stations Nationwide to Simulcast Prince’s ‘Nothing Compares 2 U’ on Wed
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here