*Jay-Z reportedly found time to shower his sister-in-law Solange Knowles with birthday surprises early Sunday while headlining a huge UK concert over the weekend.
The rap mogul had finished performing at the BBC Radio 1 Hackney Weekend music event Saturday night and was backstage with friends and family – including his wife Beyonce, her sister Solange, Rihanna and M.I.A. – when suddenly he presented her with cake and champagne and led a chorus of “Happy Birthday.”
A source told the Daily Mirror newspaper: ”It was really sweet. Solange hadn’t even noticed that it had turned 12 a.m. when Jay got everybody singing together. She was really touched.”
Earlier in the day, Solange and Beyonce had enjoyed a relaxing day at the festival before watching Jay-Z take the stage. She Instagramed the below photo of herself with sister Beyonce along with the caption: ”We. Are. Family.”
The birthday celebrations followed an incident earlier in the evening when Jay-Z’s bodyguards were allegedly involved in a ”ruckus” at the event after someone insulted Beyonce.
The rapper’s entourage reportedly ”piled in” on a man after he upset the rapper’s wife backstage at the festival.
A source said, ”Someone in the entourage said something to Beyonce to really upset her. Jay-Z’s bouncers moved in and there was a massive ruckus. Things really kicked off as his heavies all piled in on the guy.”
- Fox Gives ‘Empire’ Fans Early Prep for Season 2 with 22-Minute Featurette (WATCH)
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Marriage Inspires New Sitcom
- Tyler, the Creator Banned from UK Over 'Terrorist' Lyrics
- Shannon J. Miles Arrested As Suspect in Killing of Texas Deputy
- Nicole Murphy Addresses Nick Cannon Dating Rumors
- Cedric the Entertainer Hosts 3rd Annual Celebrity Golf Classic [Photos]
- Lorenzo Brown, Husband of Sister-2-Sister Publisher Jamie Brown, Dies of Cancer
- (The Black Hat) Serena Williams is a Winner, Not a Cover Girl
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'The Martian': 'Love Letter to Science' -- Matt Damon
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here