*Jay-Z reportedly found time to shower his sister-in-law Solange Knowles with birthday surprises early Sunday while headlining a huge UK concert over the weekend.
The rap mogul had finished performing at the BBC Radio 1 Hackney Weekend music event Saturday night and was backstage with friends and family – including his wife Beyonce, her sister Solange, Rihanna and M.I.A. – when suddenly he presented her with cake and champagne and led a chorus of “Happy Birthday.”
A source told the Daily Mirror newspaper: ”It was really sweet. Solange hadn’t even noticed that it had turned 12 a.m. when Jay got everybody singing together. She was really touched.”
Earlier in the day, Solange and Beyonce had enjoyed a relaxing day at the festival before watching Jay-Z take the stage. She Instagramed the below photo of herself with sister Beyonce along with the caption: ”We. Are. Family.”
The birthday celebrations followed an incident earlier in the evening when Jay-Z’s bodyguards were allegedly involved in a ”ruckus” at the event after someone insulted Beyonce.
The rapper’s entourage reportedly ”piled in” on a man after he upset the rapper’s wife backstage at the festival.
A source said, ”Someone in the entourage said something to Beyonce to really upset her. Jay-Z’s bouncers moved in and there was a massive ruckus. Things really kicked off as his heavies all piled in on the guy.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 3 Things to Do NOW to Transform Your Life (WATCH)
- The Kobie Chronicles: 'Red, White & Baltimore' Premiere As Freddie Gray Trials Commence
- Lamar Odom's Lucky Break: Prosecution for Cocaine Possession Unlikely
- Why?! Well Known Black Ministers Set to Meet With Trump
- Movie Watch: Big Weekend for Creed, The Good Dinosaur, Victor Frankenstein
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Walt Disney’s 'The Good Dinosaur' is a Story of a Bond of Two Unlikely Friends
- Naughty by Nature Hitting the Road to Celebrate 25th Anniversary
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Jasmyne Cannick: Before Cops Encourage the Public to Snitch Maybe They Should Lead By Example (VIDEO)
- Taye Diggs on ‘Rosewood’ Gig: ‘I Knew It Was Going to Be Fun’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here