*Jennifer Hudson has officially joined the ranks of QVC celebrity guest designers Kim Kardashian, Rachel Zoe and Isaac Mizrahi with the launch of her own clothing line, which she introduced during an intimate meet-and-greet with fashion editors Tuesday night in New York.
The “American Idol” finalist and Oscar-winning actress hopes the Jennifer Hudson Collection, set to launch in September, will appeal to women of all sizes.
“I’m nervous and excited at the same time!” she told reporters at The Sky Room at New Museum. “I hope the public embraces my line…it’s my baby.”
Prices range from $50 – $170 and the collection includes dresses, tunics, leggings, coats, tops, and more. The most expensive item is a classic gray coat, cinched at the waist with a flare skirt, that’s priced at $170.
The artist, now a size 6 at 5’ 9” tall, sported a curve-hugging dress from her line and Giuseppe Zanotti heels as she walked fashion editors through her collection of affordable basics, set to debut at Fashion’s Night Out on Sept. 6.
Hudson will appear in a one-hour premiere on the QVC network on Sept. 10.
View the pieces below:
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is Now 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Happy 116th Birthday to World’s Oldest, Susannah Mushatt Jones (Video)
- Aretha Franklin Thanks Illinois for Helping Her after Bus Broke Down
- South Carolina Senate Votes to Remove Confederate Flag from Statehouse
- Russell Wilson, Ciara Practicing Abstinence: ‘I Need You to Pray for Us’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here