Evidence reported in the Village Voice is pointing the blame at James “Jimmy Henchman” Rosemond for causing the death of both Tupac and Christopher “Notorious B.I.G.” Wallace.
Like EURweb on Facebook
According to the publication, the former Hip Hop mogul admitted to organizing the 1994 shooting of Tupac in a New York City recording studio. The shooting left the rapper fighting for his life and sparked a new level of violence in the East v. West Coast rap war. Henchman reportedly made the comments in proffer sessions during a massive drug case last fall, in an attempt to get less jail time.
(At proffer sessions, suspects are afforded the opportunity to confess crimes with the understanding that they won’t be charged with those crimes.)
Tupac also named Henchman as a guilty party in his shooting. In a verse on “Against All Odds,” he says, “Jimmy Henchman … / [You] set me up, wet me up … stuck me up / But you never shut me up.”
But here’s the bottom line: no one will ever be charged for the 1994 shooting. The crime was classified as a robbery, and the statute of limitations on prosecuting it has passed.
Read/learn more at Village Voice.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Peter Thomas and Cynthia Bailey Catch New Legal Battle
- Designer of Prince’s Purple Rain, Lovesexy & Parade Album Covers Reminisces
- Prince’s Music Vault Reportedly ‘Drilled Open’ by Bank Overseeing Estate
- Four 911 Calls Made from Paisley Park Between 2013 and Prince’s Death
- Joy Reid to Take Over Melissa Harris Perry’s Former MSNBC Timeslots
- EUR on the Red Carpet with Key and Peele's New Funny Flick, 'Keanu' (Watch)
- Larry Wilmore on Hosting Final WHCD Under Obama: ‘I’m Very Nervous’
- Beyonce’s Protégé Duo Chloe x Halle Premiere EP ‘Sugar Symphony’ (Listen)
- Rookie Cop Beats Handcuffed Woman & it's Caught on Camera! (WATCH)
- Prince Death Probe: Authorities Looking for 'Friendly' Docs who Prescribed Pills
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here