Evidence reported in the Village Voice is pointing the blame at James “Jimmy Henchman” Rosemond for causing the death of both Tupac and Christopher “Notorious B.I.G.” Wallace.
Like EURweb on Facebook
According to the publication, the former Hip Hop mogul admitted to organizing the 1994 shooting of Tupac in a New York City recording studio. The shooting left the rapper fighting for his life and sparked a new level of violence in the East v. West Coast rap war. Henchman reportedly made the comments in proffer sessions during a massive drug case last fall, in an attempt to get less jail time.
(At proffer sessions, suspects are afforded the opportunity to confess crimes with the understanding that they won’t be charged with those crimes.)
Tupac also named Henchman as a guilty party in his shooting. In a verse on “Against All Odds,” he says, “Jimmy Henchman … / [You] set me up, wet me up … stuck me up / But you never shut me up.”
But here’s the bottom line: no one will ever be charged for the 1994 shooting. The crime was classified as a robbery, and the statute of limitations on prosecuting it has passed.
Read/learn more at Village Voice.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (05-25-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Report: Tamar's Attitude Towards ('The Real') Producers Did Her in
- Ringside Update / A Triple Boxing Championship Weekend
- Soulja Boy Exaggerated $400M Payday from World Poker Fund
- Skai Jackson On Being Meme Worthy and Beef with Azealia Banks
- Loni Love Addresses Tamar Braxton Firing in New Video (Watch)
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- ‘The Real’: Loni Love, Jeannie Mai Show Love to Former Co-host Tamar Braxton
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here