*The Style network on Sunday premiered its new reality show “Empire Girls: Julissa & Adrienne,” which follows Latina best friends Julissa Bermudez and Adrienne Bailon as they strive for their big break in the Big Apple.
Julissa, a former host of BET’s “106 & Park,” wants to be the next Oprah Winfrey, while Adrienne – a member of the former girl group 3LW and one of Disney’s former Cheetah Girls – wants a singing/acting/dancing career like her idol, Jennifer Lopez.
The first episode saw Julissa stressing over her agent’s suggestion that she tone down her Dominican accent to become more marketable, and Adrienne irritating her new label boss Ne-Yo by obsessing over the lingering backlash from having dated Rob Kardashian. By the end of the episode, her butt tattoo of his name was removed so that she could “move on with her life.”
Below, both Julissa and Adrienne give us the exclusive scoop on what viewers will see this season. Adrienne, who begins, says she hopes the series proves to viewers that she has true talent.
“Empire Girls” airs Sundays at 9 p.m. on Style. Watch a promo below.
- Whoa! Baltimore Sees 43 Homicides in July - A 43 Year Record for A Single Month
- Family Dynamics Cause Scare in Saturday's 'Flex & Shanice' (WATCH)
- Janet Jackson Continues Tour Rehearsal, Set to Perform at iHeartRadio Festival
- Lauryn Hill Performs Nina Simone’s ‘Feeling Good’ on ‘Fallon’ (Watch)
- Azealia Banks Shades Erykah Badu for Having Multiple Baby Daddies
- Teyonah Parris’ Hair Becomes Storyline for ‘Survivor’s Remorse’ Season 2
- Jay Z’s Roc Nation Sued for Wooing, Then, Deserting Boxer
- Nick Gordon Begs Permission to Attend Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral
- Bobbi Kristina’s Fam Feuding Over Planned Sweet 16-Themed Funeral?
- Wilson, Seahawks Agee to 4-Year, $87.5 Million Contract Extension
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here