The film, airing this Saturday (8pm ET/PT, 7pm C), also stars Danny Glover, who plays famed outlaw Isom Dart, the main character’s father figure.
Elise plays Hannah’s best friend and historical figure, Stagecoach Mary (pictured below).
“I’m really happy that an African-American historical character was included in the piece,” Kimberly told S2S. “I think it’s important for us to remember that we were a part of this country in many, many capacities. My character was born a slave and she became an entrepreneur.”
Stagecoach Mary was a U.S. mail carrier known for delivering packages to remote locations in some of the most challenging conditions.
“She was one of our few, if only, known Black female cowgirls. And I think it’s awesome that the filmmakers included her in this story along with Wyatt Earp, who’s had a million movies made, and Doc Holliday. And that Stagecoach Mary is standing there amongst them in a very powerful way.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Police Erased Video of CLaquan McDonald Shooting: Burger King Manager
- Phaedra Blogs Support for Cynthia and Peter During Marital Drama
- Tyra Banks Not Feuding with Chrissy Teigen, Chooses Beauty Brand Over 'FABLife'
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here