*Showtime has picked up “Race, Religion And Sex,” a one-hour comedy special starring Larry Wilmore, in which he explores issues dealing with race, religion and sex through comedy, satire and political commentary.
The cable network has ordered one special with a possibility for more, according to Deadline.com. A potential second show is eyed to air before the November presidential elections.
Shot in Salt Lake City, Utah in front of a live audience, the special will employ a town hall format, using a mix of interviews, panels, guest stars and “man on the street” field pieces, showcasing Wilmore’s comedic, intellectual and ethnic perspective.
It is written and executive produced by Wilmore, the Emmy-winning creator of “The Bernie Mac Show” and “The PJs.” He also provides regular commentary on Comedy Central’s “The Daily Show With Jon Stewart” where he serves as “Senior Black Correspondent.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: It’s Still a Woman Thing with Hillary
- Blake Griffin Suspended 4 Games For Punching Clippers Trainer
- Hymn to Him: The Power of Congregational Singing!
- Patti LaBelle Joins ‘The Voice’ As Advisor to Christina Aguilera
- Khloe Kardashian Joins OkCupid After Split From James Harden
- LeSean McCoy: Video of Club Brawl With Off Duty Cops (Watch)
- DMX Hospitalized After Discovered Unconscious at Hotel
- Red Lobster Sales and Social Media Soar Since Beyonce’s ‘Formation’
- EUR Celebrates Black History Month - From AFRICAN SKETCHBOOK to OUR ROOTS
- What?! All Traces of Rapist-Cop Daniel Holtzclaw Gone from Database
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here