*Showtime has picked up “Race, Religion And Sex,” a one-hour comedy special starring Larry Wilmore, in which he explores issues dealing with race, religion and sex through comedy, satire and political commentary.
The cable network has ordered one special with a possibility for more, according to Deadline.com. A potential second show is eyed to air before the November presidential elections.
Shot in Salt Lake City, Utah in front of a live audience, the special will employ a town hall format, using a mix of interviews, panels, guest stars and “man on the street” field pieces, showcasing Wilmore’s comedic, intellectual and ethnic perspective.
It is written and executive produced by Wilmore, the Emmy-winning creator of “The Bernie Mac Show” and “The PJs.” He also provides regular commentary on Comedy Central’s “The Daily Show With Jon Stewart” where he serves as “Senior Black Correspondent.”
- Ohio Cop Ray Tensing Indicted for Murder of Samuel DuBose (Watch Killing)
- Nick Gordon Eyed for Prosecution; Spotted Wearing Bobbi Kristina’s Ring
- Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral to be Private
- Whoopi Defends Elisabeth Hasselbeck Against Racism Claims: 'She Never Asked Me to Pick Cotton' (Watch)
- Jaden Smith Drops Video for New Track ‘Scarface’ (Watch)
- Boy, 8, Youngest to Receive Successful Double Hand Transplant (Watch)
- Woman in China Pushes Child to Safety Before Falling to Her Death on Escalator (Video)
- Future Scores First No. 1 Album with ‘DS2’; Tyrese's 'Black Rose' No. 3
- Sherri Shepherd Returning to 'The View' as Contributor
- Drake Claps Back at Meek Mill in ‘Back to Back’ (Listen)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here