*Showtime has picked up “Race, Religion And Sex,” a one-hour comedy special starring Larry Wilmore, in which he explores issues dealing with race, religion and sex through comedy, satire and political commentary.
The cable network has ordered one special with a possibility for more, according to Deadline.com. A potential second show is eyed to air before the November presidential elections.
Shot in Salt Lake City, Utah in front of a live audience, the special will employ a town hall format, using a mix of interviews, panels, guest stars and “man on the street” field pieces, showcasing Wilmore’s comedic, intellectual and ethnic perspective.
It is written and executive produced by Wilmore, the Emmy-winning creator of “The Bernie Mac Show” and “The PJs.” He also provides regular commentary on Comedy Central’s “The Daily Show With Jon Stewart” where he serves as “Senior Black Correspondent.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Fewer Sex Partners Leads To Divorce, Nick Young & Iggy Azalea 'Split' | BHL's This Week (WATCH)
- Tamron Hall Reveals Her Fear Of Love
- Will Smith Admits That ‘Wild Wild West’ Was a Bad Career Move
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Texas Woman Wakes Up From Jaw Surgery with British Accent (WATCH)
- Kanye West Unveils Mind Blowing, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video (WATCH)
- Look! New Poster for 'When the Bough Breaks' Starring Morris Chestnut & Regina Hall
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Angela Bassett Launches ‘Darker Skin Tones’ Skincare Line
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here