*Showtime has picked up “Race, Religion And Sex,” a one-hour comedy special starring Larry Wilmore, in which he explores issues dealing with race, religion and sex through comedy, satire and political commentary.
The cable network has ordered one special with a possibility for more, according to Deadline.com. A potential second show is eyed to air before the November presidential elections.
Shot in Salt Lake City, Utah in front of a live audience, the special will employ a town hall format, using a mix of interviews, panels, guest stars and “man on the street” field pieces, showcasing Wilmore’s comedic, intellectual and ethnic perspective.
It is written and executive produced by Wilmore, the Emmy-winning creator of “The Bernie Mac Show” and “The PJs.” He also provides regular commentary on Comedy Central’s “The Daily Show With Jon Stewart” where he serves as “Senior Black Correspondent.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- EUR on the Scene: 2nd Annual Alma Del Barrio Salsa Festival
- People of Note: Paying Tribute to Michael
- The Legend Continues Mathew Knowles, Beyonce' & Blue Ivy
- Gabby Douglas Hits The Gym For More Than 30 Hours Each Week
- Three White Athletes Charged with Alleged Rape of Black, Disabled Teammate
- Ahmad Rashad Gets Married For Fifth Time
- Mary J. Blige Joins Jason Mitchell in Dee Rees Film ‘Mudbound’
- 2 Cops in Freddie Gray Case File Defamation Suit Against Marilyn Mosby
- Report: Whoopi Goldberg Signs $2.5M, 1-Yr Deal With ‘The View’
- Spike Lee’s ESPN Mini Docs ‘Lil’ Joints’ Return on 5/31 (View Titles and Schedule)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here