*Showtime has picked up “Race, Religion And Sex,” a one-hour comedy special starring Larry Wilmore, in which he explores issues dealing with race, religion and sex through comedy, satire and political commentary.
The cable network has ordered one special with a possibility for more, according to Deadline.com. A potential second show is eyed to air before the November presidential elections.
Shot in Salt Lake City, Utah in front of a live audience, the special will employ a town hall format, using a mix of interviews, panels, guest stars and “man on the street” field pieces, showcasing Wilmore’s comedic, intellectual and ethnic perspective.
It is written and executive produced by Wilmore, the Emmy-winning creator of “The Bernie Mac Show” and “The PJs.” He also provides regular commentary on Comedy Central’s “The Daily Show With Jon Stewart” where he serves as “Senior Black Correspondent.”
- John Legend Taking His Talents to ‘The SpongeBob Musical’
- ‘Back to This B**ch’: Why Nicki Minaj Checked Miley Cyrus on Live TV
- Black Twitter Drags Rebel Wilson Over VMA ‘Stripper Police’ Bit
- Nile Rodgers Gets BMI Icon Award - EUR was on the Scene (WATCH)
- New Comic 'Raising Dion': Single, Black Mother with Superhuman Son
- Harris Co., TX Sherriff Classifies Black Lives Matter as ‘Rhetoric’ Leading to Deputy’s Death
- Terrence Howard Tweets He's Still Attached to 3rd Wife Mira Pak
- 9-Yr-Old Ferguson Girl, Killed as She Did Homework, Remembered on Sunday
- Richard Pryor Biopic Officially Adds Oprah Winfrey and Eddie Murphy
- Kobe and Shaq Squash Years Long Beef on Podcast (LISTEN)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here