*Showtime has picked up “Race, Religion And Sex,” a one-hour comedy special starring Larry Wilmore, in which he explores issues dealing with race, religion and sex through comedy, satire and political commentary.
The cable network has ordered one special with a possibility for more, according to Deadline.com. A potential second show is eyed to air before the November presidential elections.
Shot in Salt Lake City, Utah in front of a live audience, the special will employ a town hall format, using a mix of interviews, panels, guest stars and “man on the street” field pieces, showcasing Wilmore’s comedic, intellectual and ethnic perspective.
It is written and executive produced by Wilmore, the Emmy-winning creator of “The Bernie Mac Show” and “The PJs.” He also provides regular commentary on Comedy Central’s “The Daily Show With Jon Stewart” where he serves as “Senior Black Correspondent.”
- Bree Newsome Reveals Reason Behind Removing the Confederate Flag
- LA Mayor Garcetti Finally Agrees to Meet with Black Lives Matter Activists (Dramatic Video)
- Compton Mayor Invites Submissions for 'Compton Champions' Awards
- THE (07-01-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Photos: Usher and Miguel Host 5th Post BET Awards Party [Look: Photo Gallery]
- Fantasia Reunites With Husband, Faces Tax Lien
- NAACP President Compares Bree Newsome to Rosa Parks
- Doctors Warn of Health Risks from Wearing Skinny Jeans
- Eva Longoria to Donald Trump: ‘You Must Expect a Backlash’ (Watch)
- Warrant Issued for Florida State QB De’Andre Johnson
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here