Kellie Williams, who played Laura Winslow on “Family Matters” of the late 80s and 90s is being accused of helping former Washington, D.C. Councilmember Harry Thomas Jr. steal money.
The man was sent to federal prison after admitting to stealing more than $350,000 in government fund and filing false tax returns. He was sentenced to 38 months in prison.
Now authorities are examining court records, tax filings and emails to unveil who the unnamed party is that court records say was used as a youth arts program to help Thomas steal money.
One writer presents the evidence, including Williams’ timing in the whole situation. After the sitcom ended in 1998, she started a youth arts training group in the D.C. area. It’s been dormant since 2008.
Read/learn more at Washington City Paper.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Disgraced Cop Daniel Hotlzclaw Denies Raping Poor Black Women
- First Listen: Half Mile Home's 'Thinking of Me'
- Big Boi Meme Comparing Mothers of Today & 70s Causes Black Twitter Outrage
- Eve Says She Had to 'Import' to Find Love
- Laverne Cox Responds to Her ‘Rocky Horror’ Reboot Critics
- Seniors Get In Formation for 'Lemonade,' Pittsburgh Police Resist
- Black Lives Matter Echoes the Evolution of Black Panther Party
- BLM Activist Charles Wade Charged With Pimping 17-Year-Old Girl
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' (EUR Film Review)
- THE (05-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here