Sam and his wife Joyce are battling it out against the Weinstein Co. and MGM, the studio he claims ripped him of his story for a film starring Samuel L. Jackson.
The couple has been in an ugly legal fight for some time, but now it’s taking a whole new form.
Options for a TV series is now on the table and is looking like fresh bait for a bonus court case.
Like EURweb on Facebook
According to the New York Post, the couple filed notice this week that they will appeal a federal judge’s dismissal of a claim that a 2008 movie — “Soul Men,” starring Jackson and Bernie Mac — was ripped off from Moore’s time in the Memphis soul duo Sam & Dave.
“The fat lady hasn’t started to sing yet. And I may be the one to squeeze her toe,” says Joyce. “We believe there were many errors made. We absolutely believe there were issues, and facts, that are still undiscovered. Sam feels his identity has been ripped away from him.”
The new series, “Soul Man” debuted Wednesday last week starring Cedric the Entertainer.
The suit claims that the company infringed upon his trademark, “The Legendary Soul Man.”
But Tennessee District Court Judge Aleta Trauger ruled against Moore, saying the show contains no references to “Sam & Dave” or “Sam Moore.”
The couple, however, has decided to continue to pursue their claims and won’t give up without a favorable ruling.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce from Lamar Odom ... Again!
- Music Producer Jazze Pha Drowning In Debt, Files for Bankruptcy
- ADIFF Holds Black Film Series May 27-29 Featuring Films by Sidney Poitier & Charles Burnett
- Tyler Perry Upgrades Like a Boss; Takes a Hit with Buckhead Mansion Sale (Report)
- Rapper Troy Ave Arrested in T.I. Concert Shooting; New Video Allegedly Shows Him Opening Fire (Watch)
- Racist Chinese Detergent Ad Washes the Black Off of Black Man (Watch)
- Alicia Keys to Make History with San Siro Performance
- Spelling Bee Kids Dab Their Way Through Early Rounds (Watch)
- Venus and Serena Advance With Identical Singles Scores at French Open
- Gucci Mane Released from Prison Four Months Early
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here