Sam and his wife Joyce are battling it out against the Weinstein Co. and MGM, the studio he claims ripped him of his story for a film starring Samuel L. Jackson.
The couple has been in an ugly legal fight for some time, but now it’s taking a whole new form.
Options for a TV series is now on the table and is looking like fresh bait for a bonus court case.
Like EURweb on Facebook
According to the New York Post, the couple filed notice this week that they will appeal a federal judge’s dismissal of a claim that a 2008 movie — “Soul Men,” starring Jackson and Bernie Mac — was ripped off from Moore’s time in the Memphis soul duo Sam & Dave.
“The fat lady hasn’t started to sing yet. And I may be the one to squeeze her toe,” says Joyce. “We believe there were many errors made. We absolutely believe there were issues, and facts, that are still undiscovered. Sam feels his identity has been ripped away from him.”
The new series, “Soul Man” debuted Wednesday last week starring Cedric the Entertainer.
The suit claims that the company infringed upon his trademark, “The Legendary Soul Man.”
But Tennessee District Court Judge Aleta Trauger ruled against Moore, saying the show contains no references to “Sam & Dave” or “Sam Moore.”
The couple, however, has decided to continue to pursue their claims and won’t give up without a favorable ruling.
- The New Trailer for Universal Pictures’ 'Steve Jobs' has Just Debuted Online [Watch]
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is Now 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Happy 116th Birthday to World’s Oldest, Susannah Mushatt Jones (Video)
- Aretha Franklin Thanks Illinois for Helping Her after Bus Broke Down
- South Carolina Senate Votes to Remove Confederate Flag from Statehouse
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here