*Nicki Minaj was a no-show at Hot 97’s Summer Jam in New Jersey Sunday night after she was dissed by the station’s morning show host Peter Rosenberg.
According to MTV, the Young Money rapper was scheduled to headline the show at Met Life Stadium in East Rutherford, but YM boss Lil Wayne made the executive decision to pull Nicki out of the lineup after the Hot 97 Morning Show host threw some digs her way.
“I know there’s some chicks here waiting to sing ‘Starships’ later, I’m not talking to y’all right now. F— that bullsh–. I’m here to talk about real hip-hop sh–,” the usually outspoken Rosenberg said while playing to the crowd at the opening stage in the parking lot where A$AP Rocky, Kendrick Lamar and Schoolboy Q performed hours before the main show started.
The comment didn’t sit well with Weezy, who took to Twitter to let fans know that his crew wasn’t going to take the stage. “Young Money ain’t doing summer jam,” he wrote.
“Wow. U n—az just f—ed up history. But the President has spoken. #YMCMB,” Nicki tweetedbefore revealing that she planned to bring out Cam’ron, 2 Chainz, Nas, Lauryn Hill, reggae star Beenie Man, Foxy Brown, Lil Wayne and other members of her Young Money/Cash Money family.
It’s not the first time Nicki has faced criticism about her hip-hop roots. Back in April, after releasing her sophomore album, Minaj spoke to MTV News about her street background and pop appeal. “I’m still me, hip-hop culture is still in my heart,” she said. “That can never leave me.
Lauryn Hill and Nas still performed, and 2 Chainz guested during both Young Jeezy and Big Sean’s sets, but the rest of Nicki’s guests never made it out. Scheduled Cash Money acts DJ Khaled and Busta Rhymes were backstage but didn’t perform, in what appeared to be a show of solidarity.
In previous years, surprise appearances from Jay-Z, Kanye West and Michael Jackson helped build Hot 97’s Summer Jam into the event it is today, but 2012 will be remembered for who didn’t show.
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: Why Are So Many Schools Still Named Robert E. Lee?
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits Part 2
- THE (06-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- New Book! 'Diana Ross Reflections'
- EUR on the Scene: BET Experience Fan Fest 2015 (PHOTOS!)
- NeNe Leakes Announces She's Leaving 'Real Housewives of Atlanta'
- Child Dies on Father's Day After Dad Leaves Her in Hot Car to Go Drinking
- Jada Pinkett Smith 'Magic Mike XXL' & Objectification (Watch)
- Byron Jackson Brings 'DeSean Jackson: Home Team' to BET (WATCH)
- Diddy May Catch Break in UCLA Case, but Could Lose Liquor License
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here