The veteran rapper/actor is attempting to revolutionize music through the latest virtual studio software, My Connect Studio.
The program allows artists to experience a studio session in real time via the Internet.
Even if they are in two different locations, artists can collaborate on the same project at the same time. Currently artists are emailing tracks to one another.
“They’ll [producers] e-mail me the track,” he said. “I’m e-mailing vocals. They don’t like something, I’m sending it back. We’re going back and forth and doing this dance. A lot of music is being created that way right now. What I wanted to do is be able to create music in real-time.”
On Wednesday, June 20, he demonstrated the product for a full room of fans at the Sony store in NYC. The rapper’s friend played a track across town as he recorded the lyrics over the beat. It’s like being in a studio.
Read/learn more at Coed.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ava DuVernay Being Courted to Direct Two Feature Films
- Taraji P. Henson Blames Coldplay/Maroon 5 Mixup on Her Friends (Watch)
- Gil Robertson: The 'African American Film Critics Association Awards' Interview with Kam Williams
- Flavor Flav Pleads No Contest in Vegas DUI Case
- ‘Black-ish’ To Address Police Brutality in Feb. 24 Episode
- J.Lo's 'Shades of Blue' Scores Second Season
- Lamar Sally: ‘Sherri Shepherd Has Made My Life A Living Hell’
- Super Bowl 50: As Seen From Beyonce’s Instagram
- 'Wendy's Style Squad' Coming to BET
- Bills RB LeSean McCoy Scraps With 3 Off-Duty Cops Over Bubbly
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here