*Long Beach-Rainbow Lagoon will be the setting, as attendees step into the party atmosphere of New Orleans and Louisiana for the 26th Annual Long Beach Bayou Festival, on Saturday, June 23 and Sunday,June 24,2012. The event hours are Saturday, 11:00am-9:30pm, and Sunday, 11:00am-8:30pm.
Long time attendees and new comers will be greeted with sounds coming from two stages featuring blues,Cajun and Zydeco music. There will be continuous dancing on the large covered wooden dance floor.Bring your dance shoes.Free quick and easy dance lessons for all ages take place between performances.
The festival features a Mardi Gras Parade led each day by the New Orleans Traditional Jazz Band,and a colorful French Quarter Marketplace featuring gumbo, crawfish etoufee, hush puppies, red beans and rice and other Cajun and Creole delicacies.
The Bayou Festival is a family festival with extensive children’s activities which consist of costume making for the Mardi Gras Parade in the Kids’ Bayou Tent. Additional activities for kids are arts and crafts, storytelling,magic,sing-a-longs, kids’ show and more. The Teen Corner has games and activities for older kids.
The Blues Stage will be heating up with the performances by Zac Harmon, Guitar Shorty, Jimbo Ross & His Bodacious Blues Band, Barbara Morrison,The Oreo Divas, Sherry Pruitt,Sonny Green Blues Band,Bill Magee Blues Band and Shari Puorto Band.
Count on the dance floor to be filled all weekend at the Zydeco Stage. The talent for the Zydeco Stage will feature Chris Ardoin & NuStep, J Paul Jr. & The Zydeco Nubreeds, Li’L Wayne & Same Ol 2-Step,Geno Delafose & French Rockin’ Boogie, Theo & The Zydeco Patrol,Bonne Musique Zydeco, Benny & The Swamp Gator. Cajun music will also add to the festivities with performances by Joel Savoy, Jesse Lege & Cajun Country Revival, and Kevin Naquin & The Ossun Playboys. For a schedule of performances,visit http://www.longbeachfestival.com/201053110/HTML/_Bayou_Blues_2012_Schedule_Website_Links.pdf
Tickets:Adults $25/advance,$30/gate;Seniors(60+)and Students(18+)$20/advance,$30 at the gate; Students(ages 13-17);$10,Children 12 & under-free. Tickets and information (562)424-0013 or visit www.longbeachbayoufest.com.
The Long Beach Bayou Festival is presented by Rainbow Promotions,LLC(producers of the annual Long Beach Jazz Festival)A portion of the profits will benefit LALA (Louisiana to Louisiana) a non-profit organization which raised educational funds for local youth to attend college.Long Beach Bayou Festival is sponsored by City National Band,Budweiser and Waste Management.
Ricky Richardson is a Southern California based writer and music reviewer and photographer. Contact him via: [email protected]
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Barbershop 3' Trailer Mixes Beauty, Comedy and Gang Violence [WATCH]
- Video of Chicago Police Officer Shooting Laquan McDonald Released (WATCH)
- (Video) WATCH: New 'Zootopia' Trailer
- Patti LaBelle Wants to Work with Fetty Wap, Talks Pie Success [WATCH]
- ‘Empire’: Alicia Keys Storyline to Explore Biracial Issues (Watch)
- Erased Burger King Footage in Laquan McDonald Shooting Tested for ‘Tampering’
- Videos Show Armed White Men Threatening #BlackLivesMatter Minneapolis Activists (Watch)
- Arthur Ashe Items From Private Collector Headed to Auction
- Serena Williams Devastated Over Death of Dog Jackie (Video)
- Patti LaBelle Invites James Wright Chanel to Thanksgiving Dinner; Admits Video Increased Sales
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here