*As we reported earlier, Change.org has recently launched an online petition to remove the show “Love and Hip-Hop Atlanta” from the airwaves.
It’s the second protest of its kind with one against “Basketball Wives” garnering some success with advertisers pulling their ads from the show.
Like EURweb on Facebook
Recently, Essence writer Demetria Lucas wrote a piece about the show which she tried to refrain from but couldn’t.
Here’s an excerpt:
I said to myself, “ Self…” (because that’s where I start all my internal dialogues) — “Self, you will not write about Love & Hip Hop Atlanta.” I knew I was lying, because I’d already told myself I wasn’t going to watch it. I ignored the pleas from top-notch marketing machine Vh1 — say what you want about the programming, but they know how to spread the word about a show. I intentionally stayed out of my house when the show came on, and I stayed off Twitter during the initial airing. I tried and I failed.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Anthony Anderson Inks Multi-Year Deal With NAACP Image Awards
- Business Owners Combine To Launch Innovative Approach to 'Buy Black' Movement
- 2 Chainz’s #IsThisYoThot? Lawsuit Thrown Out by Judge
- Daniel ‘Boobie’ Gibson Reacts to Keyshia Cole’s Engagement Tweet (Pic)
- Photo of Dog With Mouth Taped Shut on Facebook, Leads to Arrest of NC Woman
- Donovan McNabb Begins 18-Day Jail Sentence in Arizona
- If You Missed it, Here's the Soul Train Awards Babyface Tribute (WATCH)
- 50 Cent Still Hasn’t Paid $7M Judgment to Rick Ross’ Baby Mother
- Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel Fires Police Supt. Garry McCarthy
- Taraji P. Henson, Janelle Monae, Laila Ali Join Alicia Keys Charity as Ambassadors
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here