*”And hip hop…and hip hop…and hip hop…” Commit those words to memory, so you avoid the temptation to judge the latest entry in reality shows, Love and Hip Hop: Atlanta, which makes it’s debut tonight on VH-1 at 8pm EST.
Mona Scott-Young, producer of the Love and Hip Hop reality series that shined a light on women of the Hip Hop lifestyle in New York (Chrissy, Olivia, Somaya, and Emily), is at it again. This time, the entertainment-mogul-in-her-own-right has signed on 5 beautiful young women who are part of Atlanta’s hip hop scene, Rasheeda, K-Michelle, Mimi Faust, Joseline Hernandez, and Karlie Redd, and they take viewers on a drama-filed, potty mouthed adventure through the trials and tribulations of relationship and “the business” in the Dirty South.
Meet the ladies that will allow you into their personal lives – for profit:
There’s been an assault on reality shows lately, due to the viewers growing weary of the violence and drama that arguably casts a negative light on black women on such shows (i.e. Basketball Wives). I believe, however, Love and Hip Hop Atlanta will escape the scrutiny – those words at the beginning of this post are kept in mind, because the world of Hip Hop can only deliver the drama that’s inherent in the music. Hip Hop fans and viewers are likely appreciate seeing “art imitating life.”
So, yes, the show is supposed to be about love and the biz, but “and Hip Hop” is the frame that you can’t ignore.
Catch the first episode tonight at 8pm EST on VH1.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Meet Ice-T and Coco’s New Baby Girl, Chanel Nicole (Pic)
- Jury Selection Begins in First Trial of Freddie Gray Case
- For Every 3 Pointer Made Steph Curry Donates a Life-Saving Bed-Net to a Child in Africa
- Chrissy Teigen’s Planned Parenthood Comments Spark Twitter Beef
- Kym Whitley: Inspiring Adoptive Parents While 'Building Memories' [EUR Exclusive]
- Must See! Tracee Ellis Ross Sings with Mom Diana in 'Vegas (WATCH)
- Watch: Mr. 'N*ggers Gotta Learn How to Read' Resigns Police Chief Gig (After Only One week!)
- NYC Cabbie: Roker Snub a ‘Misunderstanding’; Peele & Peretti Get Engaged
- Black Pastors Dispute Donald Trump’s Endorsement Claim for Meeting
- How the #BLM Movement Stays Alive & Effective Outside Spotlight
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here