*”And hip hop…and hip hop…and hip hop…” Commit those words to memory, so you avoid the temptation to judge the latest entry in reality shows, Love and Hip Hop: Atlanta, which makes it’s debut tonight on VH-1 at 8pm EST.
Mona Scott-Young, producer of the Love and Hip Hop reality series that shined a light on women of the Hip Hop lifestyle in New York (Chrissy, Olivia, Somaya, and Emily), is at it again. This time, the entertainment-mogul-in-her-own-right has signed on 5 beautiful young women who are part of Atlanta’s hip hop scene, Rasheeda, K-Michelle, Mimi Faust, Joseline Hernandez, and Karlie Redd, and they take viewers on a drama-filed, potty mouthed adventure through the trials and tribulations of relationship and “the business” in the Dirty South.
Meet the ladies that will allow you into their personal lives – for profit:
There’s been an assault on reality shows lately, due to the viewers growing weary of the violence and drama that arguably casts a negative light on black women on such shows (i.e. Basketball Wives). I believe, however, Love and Hip Hop Atlanta will escape the scrutiny – those words at the beginning of this post are kept in mind, because the world of Hip Hop can only deliver the drama that’s inherent in the music. Hip Hop fans and viewers are likely appreciate seeing “art imitating life.”
So, yes, the show is supposed to be about love and the biz, but “and Hip Hop” is the frame that you can’t ignore.
Catch the first episode tonight at 8pm EST on VH1.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Wendy Raquel Robinson Pays Tribute to Iconic Artist Prince
- Kelly Rowland's New Music Series Has Her Missing Destiny’s Child
- Tyra Banks, Misty Copeland to Speak During Essence Experience
- Tyler Perry Talks Following His Own Path to Saving OWN
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Ni*ga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Prince Update: Family Gifted Big Bucks by George Lopez
- Latice Crawford Releases ‘Diary of a Church Girl’ May 20
- Wilmore's 'My Ni*ga' to Obama Gets Black Twitter Approval, But not Najee Ali
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here