The Twin Cities newest adult contemporary radio station, Magic 1530, wants the world to celebrate their one year anniversary through music!
*To celebrate this huge accomplishment, the station will be launching their “15 Days in June” promotion that spotlights 15 incredible Minnesota artists who define the “Minneapolis Sound” and their 1st Annual 2012 “Minneapolis Sound” Artist of the Year Award.
The 1st Annual 2012 “Minneapolis Sound” Award will honor the best National and International artists whose video truly captures the essence of “The Minneapolis Sound”, the winner will take home a cushy social media and radio package valued at $10,000 to help push their career.
“The Twin Cities have always been a hot bed for creative music and people around the world love the music we make. Even though we are the new kids on the block, we want everyone who is in love with the “Minneapolis Sound” to celebrate with us,” explains Rodney Smith, Magic 1530’s station manager.
Although the year has been full of highs and low, Magic 1530 has enjoyed many great milestones including moving to a brand new location (relocating from Chaska to Golden Valley), having national recording artists such as Grammy Award winning recording group Mint Condition through the door, and in April 2012, international radio personality Michael Baisden was in studio live. Most recently the station is forging great partnerships with major corporations and media outlets such as Allied Movie Company and Curves Fitness Centers to help expand their community outreach.
“We started small for a reason, and we are on track to launch many initiatives in the Minneapolis market and abroad in 2013. We will be launching a brand new website the end of June to coincide with the launch of all new social media pages, we are even working on our own application for mobile users,” says Smith.
To submit your video for The 1st Annual 2012 “Minneapolis Sound” Award simply visit Magic 1530’s new Facebook page (www.facebook.com/Magic1530) (remember to click “like”) then send your Youtube video url to the email provided on our Facebook page. Winners will be announced on June 15th, 2012.
About Magic 1530
Magic 1530’s (Twin Cities 1530 a.m.) is a classic and contemporary R&B music format. Founded in June 2011, Magic 1530 is dedicated to bringing back the local feel to radio while remaining on the cutting edge of radio technology. Magic 1530 is not a radio station just for urban listeners. Just as Motown hit people across spectrums and class lines, so does Magic 1530. Anyone who loves good music or grew up listening to these classics will enjoy Magic 1530.
Magic 1530 is always looking for advertising, sponsorship or marketing partners, please check us out at 2012 Minneapolis Juneteenth Festival! For more information please visit www.magic1530.com or follow us on Twitter @mplsmagic .
Company Contact Information
Kandis Knight, Marketing Director
919 Lilac Drive North
Phone : 612-599-7852
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Mary J. Blige Joins Jason Mitchell in Dee Rees Film ‘Mudbound’
- 2 Cops in Freddie Gray Case File Defamation Suit Against Marilyn Mosby
- Report: Whoopi Goldberg Signs $2.5M, 1-Yr Deal With ‘The View’
- Spike Lee’s ESPN Mini Docs ‘Lil’ Joints’ Return on 5/31 (View Titles and Schedule)
- Lifetime to Air Uzo Aduba, Cicely Tyson Film ‘Showing Roots’ on Sat, May 26 (Trailer)
- ‘Empire’ Finishes No 1 in Black Households, Social Media and Other Key Demos
- Therez Fleetwood's 'Men and Intimacy: Real Talk... Real Answers' Reveals Answers to What Men Want
- First Look: Rihanna’s New Line of Star Trek-Inspired Dior Sunglasses
- Opinion: How Democratic Superdelegates decided the 2016 Election
- Prince’s Fam Requests Revolution Start Reunion Tour AFTER August Memorial Event
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here