All good things must come to an end. What goes up must come down.
It other words, Manny “Pacman” Pacquiao’s finally lost a fight and it wasn’t to Floyd Mayweather, but a relatively unknown Timothy Bradley Saturday night in Las Vegas.
In fact, if you saw any of the pre-fight hype, you know about Bradley promising to shock Pacquiao’s world, but it turned out that the biggest shock of the nightt came from the judges’ scorecards.
“I didn’t think he was as good as everyone says he was. I didn’t feel his power,” Timothy Bradley said after beating Manny Pacquiao.
In a fight Pacquiao seemed to have in hand, two judges decided otherwise, giving Bradley a split decision Saturday night and ending the Filipino fighter’s remarkable seven-year unbeaten run.
Promoter Bob Arum fumed, the crowd at the MGM Grand arena booed, and Pacquiao seemed stunned when the decision was announced. Arum said there would be a November rematch, though he blasted the way the decision went down.
“I’ve never been as ashamed of the sport of boxing as I am tonight,” said Arum, who handles both fighters.
Bradley came on strong in the later rounds, winning five of the last six on two scorecards and four on the third. He won 115-113 on the scorecards of judges Duane Ford and C.J. Ross, while losing on Jerry Roth’s scorecard by the same margin. The Associated Press had Pacquiao winning 117-111.
“I did my best,” Pacquiao said. “I guess my best wasn’t good enough.”
Read/learn more at ESPN.
Watch this interview with Manny Pacquiao:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Quvenzhane Wallis' Book Deal, J-Hud Says Son 'Saved My Life'
- Patti LaBelle, Quentin Tarantino + More on 'The Big Interview'
- 18,500 Parents, Students, and Educators Rally to Demand End to 'Tale of Two School Systems' in New York City [PHOTOS]
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Universal Pictures’ Steve Jobs is a Brilliant Look into a Genius' Mind
- Raven Symone Hates Ethnic Names, Nicki Minaj Beef, Kardashian's Named 1st Family | BHL's This Week
- Jennifer Lopez to Host & Perform the '2015 American Music Awards'
- Instagram Users Post Pics of Male North West Look-alikes
- Sanaa Lathan Lands 'Racially-Charged' Drama, Hannibal Buress Debuts Unaired Pilot
- GOP Gov Freezes Funds for Chicago’s 'Operation CeaseFire' As Homicides Rise
- The Film Strip: Joe Wright on Diversity and Rooney Mara on Being Clothed in 'PAN'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here