*Well now, Marvel comics is gearing up to begin debuting the first black superhero movie of the company’s character, Black Panther.
The Black Panther character is the king of the resource-rich fictional African nation of Wakanda, who becomes a superhero. He first appeared in Marvel’s Fantastic Four comic book in 1966 during the height of the American civil rights movement, and his name is coincidentally the same as the militant African-American political organization created the same year.
According to reports, Mark Bailey was hired to write the script and allegedly it’s “fantastic.”
Marvel has been pretty clever at placing little hints here and there about the rise of Black Panther. In “Iron Man 2” the nation of Wakanda showed up in a map. Captain America’s shield is made up of Vibranium, a rare fictional material found in Wakanda.
The story was actually in development at Columbia in the early 90s with Wesley Snipes to play the main character. But things changed over when Marvel absorbed the rights in 2005.
But for this version, there’s no word on who will play the superhero.
Read/learn more at theGrio.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Memo to Publisher McGraw-Hill: 'Slaves' Were Not 'Workers' (Watch)
- Tupac Planned to Kill ‘Thug Life’ Via 'Thug Life is Dead' Letter
- Steven Ivory: Lunch, with a Side of Humility
- Janet Jackson Reschedules Vegas Shows Supposedly to Rest Voice
- Jeremiah Wright is Still Hatin' on President Obama
- The Socialist's Journal: Quarterly Quick Hits Part 3
- Olatunde Osunsanmi Tackles Science Behind Fiction With Hollywood TV & Film Successes
- *The Napa Valley Wine Train Ladies Visit 'The Real' (WATCH)
- Black Owned Beauty Supply Outlet Replaces Destroyed Korean Owned Store in Ferguson
- THE (10-06-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here