*Chart-topping gospel singer and pastor Marvin Sapp today announced the principal of his new performing arts middle and high school and two upcoming open houses, says MLive.com.
Tamela Brown, a leadership coach atMilwood Magnet School in Kalamazoo, will be the principal of Grand Rapids Ellington Academy of Arts & Technology (GREAAT), a charter school located at 600 Burton St. SE, the same campus as his church Lighthouse Full Life Center church. Open houses are scheduled for Wednesday, June 13 and June 20.
“I am excited to be a part of a dynamic mission that is focused on student achievement while nurturing excellence in the arts,” Brown said in a statement about the school that will open initially to 225 6th, 7th and 8th grade students. “The Academy’s commitment to foster the success of every child coincides with my professional values and personal beliefs.”
In a press release, Brown is described as having a successful 10-year career in secondary education, most recently as a leadership coach, trained in cognitive coaching, to coach teacher-leaders in student achievement. She began her career as a library media specialist in Kalamazoo Public Schools in 2002, where she launched a literacy program for 400 middle and high schools students. In 2007, she became a biology teacher at the district’s Freshman Academy.
Read the full story at MLive.com.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'The Music of ‘Underground': Behind-the-Scenes with John Legend on Slave Thriller
- Lamar Odom On Way to Full Recovery; Almost Living on His Own
- Hillary Clinton Doesn’t Deserve the Black Vote. Here's why ...
- #BlackLivesMatter Activist Commits Suicide on Ohio Statehouse Steps
- Jubilee Project Video Discusses a ‘World Without Black People’
- How I Helped 50,000 Blacks Think it Out, Not Shoot it Out
- THE (02-10-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Lalah Hathaway & Kindred the Family Soul Headline ATL SLMF
- Timbaland Reschedules Detroit Charity Gig Following Champagne Tantrum
- 'Too Close' Singer Raphael Brown Wins Sole Custody Of Children
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here