*Chart-topping gospel singer and pastor Marvin Sapp today announced the principal of his new performing arts middle and high school and two upcoming open houses, says MLive.com.
Tamela Brown, a leadership coach atMilwood Magnet School in Kalamazoo, will be the principal of Grand Rapids Ellington Academy of Arts & Technology (GREAAT), a charter school located at 600 Burton St. SE, the same campus as his church Lighthouse Full Life Center church. Open houses are scheduled for Wednesday, June 13 and June 20.
“I am excited to be a part of a dynamic mission that is focused on student achievement while nurturing excellence in the arts,” Brown said in a statement about the school that will open initially to 225 6th, 7th and 8th grade students. “The Academy’s commitment to foster the success of every child coincides with my professional values and personal beliefs.”
In a press release, Brown is described as having a successful 10-year career in secondary education, most recently as a leadership coach, trained in cognitive coaching, to coach teacher-leaders in student achievement. She began her career as a library media specialist in Kalamazoo Public Schools in 2002, where she launched a literacy program for 400 middle and high schools students. In 2007, she became a biology teacher at the district’s Freshman Academy.
Read the full story at MLive.com.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- John Legend Records First-Ever Holiday Duet With the Stars [Listen]
- Porsha Williams, Cynthia Bailey 'RHOA' Fight, Time to Retire B-word?
- Vivica A. Fox Wants an 'Empire' Spinoff Based on Candace
- Report: Tom Joyner Being Forced Out of Own Radio Show; Russ Parr to Take Over
- 50 Cent Sitcom ‘My Friend 50’ Headed to Fox
- The Best of Black Twitter’s #PopeBars
- Mom of Ronald Johnson Wants Dashcam Video of Son's Killing Released (VIdeo)
- 'L&HHH's' Milan Christopher Denies Dating ‘Empire’s’ Jussie Smollett
- Anthony Anderson Inks Multi-Year Deal With NAACP Image Awards
- Business Owners Combine To Launch Innovative Approach to 'Buy Black' Movement
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here