*As reported here Thursday, Mary J. Blige has finally opened up about the Burger King disaster of a commercial.
The singer got a bucket load of backlash for singing about fried chicken, but she admits the criticism “crushed” her.
“I felt there was no need for me to say anything because everyone was running with it and crucifying me,” she said during an interview with New York based DJ, Angie Martinez. “So I just pulled back and I watched everyone and everything. It’s just something that I thought would have been great for my brand.”
Mary continued saying she stumbled upon the commercial video online while searching for her remix to Fat Joe’s “Another Round.”
“It just broke my heart. People were going crazy,” shared Mary. “What this did, it exposed everyone and everything that was in my life.”
Like EURweb on Facebook
After seeing the final product, she admitted she wanted to hide from the world. She was embarrassed.
“I wanted to crawl under the bed,” she said. “It was a mistake, but I did it because I thought it was something that wouldn’t come out like that. It was sold to us that I would be shot in an iconic way. I was looking for someone to have mercy, but no one had mercy. It was a learning experience. It hurt my feelings. It crushed me for like two days.”
Mary J. Blige speaks on Burger King debacle :
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ben Carson Judges Ore. Shooting Victims: ‘I Wouldn’t Just Stand There and Let Him Shoot Me’
- After 3 Years, Stevie Wonder’s Divorce from Kai Millard Finalized
- Rosie O’Donnell’s Daughter: Mom Left ‘The View’ Over Rift with Whoopi
- 'Black-ish' Ep. 3, 'Dr. Hell No' Highlights Healthcare Fear Among Black Men
- Beyonce, Jay Z Renting $45 Million Mansion, Suing Clothing Retailer
- EUR Goes Behind the Scenes of 'Law & Order: SVU' (Watch)
- Stephon Marbury Blasts MJ for ‘Kids Getting Killed’ Over Air Jordans
- Toddler Chokes to Death After Mother Dies While Feeding Him (Video)
- Damon Dash & Curren$y End $3M Legal Battle with Settlement
- Michael Moore on Hollywood’s Lack of Diversity: ‘A Form of Apartheid’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here