*As reported here Thursday, Mary J. Blige has finally opened up about the Burger King disaster of a commercial.
The singer got a bucket load of backlash for singing about fried chicken, but she admits the criticism “crushed” her.
“I felt there was no need for me to say anything because everyone was running with it and crucifying me,” she said during an interview with New York based DJ, Angie Martinez. “So I just pulled back and I watched everyone and everything. It’s just something that I thought would have been great for my brand.”
Mary continued saying she stumbled upon the commercial video online while searching for her remix to Fat Joe’s “Another Round.”
“It just broke my heart. People were going crazy,” shared Mary. “What this did, it exposed everyone and everything that was in my life.”
Like EURweb on Facebook
After seeing the final product, she admitted she wanted to hide from the world. She was embarrassed.
“I wanted to crawl under the bed,” she said. “It was a mistake, but I did it because I thought it was something that wouldn’t come out like that. It was sold to us that I would be shot in an iconic way. I was looking for someone to have mercy, but no one had mercy. It was a learning experience. It hurt my feelings. It crushed me for like two days.”
Mary J. Blige speaks on Burger King debacle :
- Snoop Dogg Has Over $200K Seized at Italian Airport
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’: The Most Important Film of the Year
- Bobbi Kristina and Whitney: Reunited in Death; Buried Side by Side
- Will Smith Makes it Clear: 'Jada and I are NOT GETTING A DIVORCE!'
- Melba Moore Defends Bill Cosby: 'Nobody's Perfect' (WATCH)
- Bobby Brown's Wife Alicia Etheredge Suffers Seizure After Funeral of Bobbi Kristina
- Hump Nails: Yay or Hell to the Nah! (Provide Your Own Fun Captions for Jellybean Win!)
- Ice-T & Coco Talk New Baby, New Talk Show and Breeding Out Racism
- Drama Developing: Bobbi Kristina Casket Pic Sold for Over $100K
- Aretha Franklin: The Queen Rules L.A. - Review by Miki Turner
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here