*As reported here Thursday, Mary J. Blige has finally opened up about the Burger King disaster of a commercial.
The singer got a bucket load of backlash for singing about fried chicken, but she admits the criticism “crushed” her.
“I felt there was no need for me to say anything because everyone was running with it and crucifying me,” she said during an interview with New York based DJ, Angie Martinez. “So I just pulled back and I watched everyone and everything. It’s just something that I thought would have been great for my brand.”
Mary continued saying she stumbled upon the commercial video online while searching for her remix to Fat Joe’s “Another Round.”
“It just broke my heart. People were going crazy,” shared Mary. “What this did, it exposed everyone and everything that was in my life.”
Like EURweb on Facebook
After seeing the final product, she admitted she wanted to hide from the world. She was embarrassed.
“I wanted to crawl under the bed,” she said. “It was a mistake, but I did it because I thought it was something that wouldn’t come out like that. It was sold to us that I would be shot in an iconic way. I was looking for someone to have mercy, but no one had mercy. It was a learning experience. It hurt my feelings. It crushed me for like two days.”
Mary J. Blige speaks on Burger King debacle :
- Charlene Crowell: SCOTUS Ruling Preserves Key Fair Housing Tool
- THE (07-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- The Pulse of Entertainment: It’s the Beginning of a new era for the 'Terminator' Franchise with 'Terminator Genisys'
- Jason Derulo Channels King of Pop in New 'Cheyenne' Video - WATCH
- Diddy Won't be Prosecuted by DA for UCLA Altercation with Coach
- Karrueche Tran Reveals Her Father is Gay
- The Game Faces Three Years in Prison for Assaulting Cop
- ‘Empire’s’ Trai Byers on the ‘Jekyll and Hyde’ of Andre Lyon
- Ratings Plummet in Return of Halle Berry’s ‘Extant’
- L.A. District Attorney (Jackie Lacey) Silent on Pressing Charges Against CHP Officer in Video Beating
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here