*Have you ever heard of MIAKA? That acronym stands for Men Interested in AKA.
They are homosexual men who want the right to pledge and join the ranks of the sisters of Alpha Kappa Alpha. But apparently, there’s a problem with that idea … they’re men.
No matter how sensitive to women’s issues or in touch with their feminine side, MIAKA does not fit the key qualification that it takes to be a part of the non-profit, community centered, women’s service organization.
The AKAs were established in 1908 on the campus of Howard University and they, in 104 years, have yet to induct a man into their sorority. (more…)
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- TV One Sets Original Film ‘Bad Dad Rehab’ for July Premiere (EUR Exclusive)
- Montell Jordan Releases New Memoir & Returns To R&B
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Zoe Saldana to 'Nina' Critics: 'Don’t Address Me with Such Disdain'
- Kobe to Receive 'Legend' Award, Gilbert Arneas Trolls Nick Young
- Serena Williams Confesses She Was Sore After Twerking For Beyonce
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here