*Have you ever heard of MIAKA? That acronym stands for Men Interested in AKA.
They are homosexual men who want the right to pledge and join the ranks of the sisters of Alpha Kappa Alpha. But apparently, there’s a problem with that idea … they’re men.
No matter how sensitive to women’s issues or in touch with their feminine side, MIAKA does not fit the key qualification that it takes to be a part of the non-profit, community centered, women’s service organization.
The AKAs were established in 1908 on the campus of Howard University and they, in 104 years, have yet to induct a man into their sorority. (more…)
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: Why Are So Many Schools Still Named Robert E. Lee?
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits Part 2
- THE (06-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- New Book! 'Diana Ross Reflections'
- EUR on the Scene: BET Experience Fan Fest 2015 (PHOTOS!)
- NeNe Leakes Announces She's Leaving 'Real Housewives of Atlanta'
- Child Dies on Father's Day After Dad Leaves Her in Hot Car to Go Drinking
- Jada Pinkett Smith 'Magic Mike XXL' & Objectification (Watch)
- Byron Jackson Brings 'DeSean Jackson: Home Team' to BET (WATCH)
- Diddy May Catch Break in UCLA Case, but Could Lose Liquor License
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here