*Veteran actress Meryl Streep was chosen to present her “Doubt” co-star Viola Davis with the top prize at the 2012 Women in Film Crystal + Lucy Awards, which took place Tuesday night in Beverly Hills.
Women In Film, Los Angeles has annually honored exemplary women in the entertainment industry; women who lead by example, who are creative, groundbreaking, and who excel at their chosen fields.
In presenting Davis with the Crystal Award for Excellence In Film, Streep called her “a lion-hearted woman.”
“She was a newcomer at 45,” Streep joked.
Davis returned the love as she accepted the award.
“I have a confession,” she said, sharing how touched she was when Streep sent her a card after the film wrapped. Davis also kept a photo of the two of them together on set.
“OK Meryl, I framed the card,” Davis said. “So you can never come over to the house.”
Other honorees at the private ceremony at the Beverly Hilton Hotel were actresses Christina Applegate and Chloe Grace Moretz, NBCUniversal Cable chief Bonnie Hammer, cinematographer Anette Haellmigk and five female executives from Fox.
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Watch Obama Meet Woman Named Weezy and Break Into ‘Jeffersons’ Theme Song
- Queen Latifah Moved By Her Own ‘Bessie’ Performance: I ‘Made Myself Cry’
- Floyd Mayweather, Jr. to Ronda Rousey: ‘Big Bank Take Little Bank’
- Beautiful Diversity of Redheads of African Descent Documented
- Zendaya Checks Twitter Hater Who Called her Parents ‘Ugly’
- Chris Brown Rips Baby Mama for Having a BF Accused of Forgery
- Watch Serena Williams Do Her Karaoke Thing with 'The Little Mermaid'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here