*Veteran actress Meryl Streep was chosen to present her “Doubt” co-star Viola Davis with the top prize at the 2012 Women in Film Crystal + Lucy Awards, which took place Tuesday night in Beverly Hills.
Women In Film, Los Angeles has annually honored exemplary women in the entertainment industry; women who lead by example, who are creative, groundbreaking, and who excel at their chosen fields.
In presenting Davis with the Crystal Award for Excellence In Film, Streep called her “a lion-hearted woman.”
“She was a newcomer at 45,” Streep joked.
Davis returned the love as she accepted the award.
“I have a confession,” she said, sharing how touched she was when Streep sent her a card after the film wrapped. Davis also kept a photo of the two of them together on set.
“OK Meryl, I framed the card,” Davis said. “So you can never come over to the house.”
Other honorees at the private ceremony at the Beverly Hilton Hotel were actresses Christina Applegate and Chloe Grace Moretz, NBCUniversal Cable chief Bonnie Hammer, cinematographer Anette Haellmigk and five female executives from Fox.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Damien Sneed Performs During International Breast Cancer Awareness Week in Spain
- Bobby Shurmda Denied Bail, Will Stay in Jail Until Feb Trial Date
- Kim Zolciak Returning to ‘DWTS’ for the Nov. Finale
- Cassi Davis, Stephen Bishop to Host NAASC Scholarship Brunch
- Janet Jackson, Husband Spotted at Paris Fashion Week
- Rihanna Talks Casual Sex, Rachel Dolezal, Wanting to Change Chris Brown
- Health: You Could Possibly Have A Hidden Illness if Any of These Symptoms Show Up
- 27 Bill Cosby Accusers Set for NBC ‘Dateline’ Special (Watch)
- Tamar Braxton Taps Husband Vince for Emotional 'DWTS' Routine (Watch)
- F. Gary Gray in Talks to Direct ‘Fast and Furious 8’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here