*Veteran actress Meryl Streep was chosen to present her “Doubt” co-star Viola Davis with the top prize at the 2012 Women in Film Crystal + Lucy Awards, which took place Tuesday night in Beverly Hills.
Women In Film, Los Angeles has annually honored exemplary women in the entertainment industry; women who lead by example, who are creative, groundbreaking, and who excel at their chosen fields.
In presenting Davis with the Crystal Award for Excellence In Film, Streep called her “a lion-hearted woman.”
“She was a newcomer at 45,” Streep joked.
Davis returned the love as she accepted the award.
“I have a confession,” she said, sharing how touched she was when Streep sent her a card after the film wrapped. Davis also kept a photo of the two of them together on set.
“OK Meryl, I framed the card,” Davis said. “So you can never come over to the house.”
Other honorees at the private ceremony at the Beverly Hilton Hotel were actresses Christina Applegate and Chloe Grace Moretz, NBCUniversal Cable chief Bonnie Hammer, cinematographer Anette Haellmigk and five female executives from Fox.
- Nick Gordon Begs Permission to Attend Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral
- Bobbi Kristina’s Fam Feuding Over Planned Sweet 16-Themed Funeral?
- Wilson, Seahawks Agee to 4-Year, $87.5 Million Contract Extension
- Neechy Gospel: John P. Kee to Release New Project LEVEL NEXT
- Sophie Okonedo to Star in New BBC America Series ‘Undercover’
- Evan Ross, Ashlee Simpson Welcome Baby Girl
- Missy Elliott Reportedly Joins ‘The Voice’ Season 9 as a Mentor
- Dylann Roof Enters 33 ‘Not Guilty’ Pleas in Federal Court
- Unauthorized Beyoncé Bio to Reveal Inside Deets on 'SolangeGate'
- 'Peanuts' Celebrates its First African American Character, Franklin
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here