*Veteran actress Meryl Streep was chosen to present her “Doubt” co-star Viola Davis with the top prize at the 2012 Women in Film Crystal + Lucy Awards, which took place Tuesday night in Beverly Hills.
Women In Film, Los Angeles has annually honored exemplary women in the entertainment industry; women who lead by example, who are creative, groundbreaking, and who excel at their chosen fields.
In presenting Davis with the Crystal Award for Excellence In Film, Streep called her “a lion-hearted woman.”
“She was a newcomer at 45,” Streep joked.
Davis returned the love as she accepted the award.
“I have a confession,” she said, sharing how touched she was when Streep sent her a card after the film wrapped. Davis also kept a photo of the two of them together on set.
“OK Meryl, I framed the card,” Davis said. “So you can never come over to the house.”
Other honorees at the private ceremony at the Beverly Hilton Hotel were actresses Christina Applegate and Chloe Grace Moretz, NBCUniversal Cable chief Bonnie Hammer, cinematographer Anette Haellmigk and five female executives from Fox.
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Motorist Sues Bobbi Kristina as Family Prepares for Her Funeral
- Goodbye Clippers, Hello Mavericks! DeAndre Bolts from LA to Dallas
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Lee England, Jr: You've Never Heard Violin Like This! (Covers Bey, Adele and Yeah, Mozart Too!) Photos
- Kim Burrell Returns with 'Thank You Jesus'
- Ava DuVernay WON'T Be Directing Marvel's 'Black Panther'
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Welcomes Daughter
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here