*Los Angeles Lakers star Metta World Peace (formerly Ron Artest) is using his off season to make his acting debut in a movie adaptation of Nancy Grace’s first novel, The Eleventh Victim, set to premiere in the fall on Lifetime Movie Network.
Peace will play Garlan Fincher, a Georgia detective who works very closely with Atlanta Assistant District Attorney Hailey Dean, played by “Beverly Hills, 90210” vet Jennie Garth.
The athlete became friends with Grace during their un on Season 13 of “Dancing With the Stars.” (Garth is also a Dancing alum.) The Garlan character “is very dear to my heart,” says Grace, who authored The New York Times best-selling novel based on her real-life experiences and serves as one of the film’s executive producers. “I wanted to cast someone for whom I have a true fondness. Metta World Peace was my first pick.”
“The Eleventh Victim” follows Garth’s character as she pursues the conviction of serial killer Clinton Burrell Cruise. The case becomes personal for Hailey when she is physically attacked by Cruise in open court. While still recovering, Hailey moves to New York and begins a new career as a therapist. When her clients start to turn up dead — with the murderer using the same M.O. as the Atlanta killer she put behind bars — she is forced to help catch a cold-blooded killer who could very well make her his next target.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- VIDEO: Who will President Obama Pick to Replace Justice Scalia?
- Toni Braxton Confirms 'Love, Marriage & Divorce Part 2' with Babyface
- Jaden Smith Flaunts New Tesla X, That's Not Even Available Yet
- Obama Informs Republicans He WILL Nominate Scalia's Replacement
- Hip-Hop Met Fats Waller in LA!
- Michael Jordan's Rep Responds to 'Crying Jordan' Memes
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia Found Dead
- Steph, Ayesha & Michelle Have Fun with 'Banana' Song (WATCH)
- TV Review: The Black Panthers Van Guard of the Revolution
- Wendy Williams Blasts Ciara Over $15 Million Future Lawsuit
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here