*Los Angeles Lakers star Metta World Peace (formerly Ron Artest) is using his off season to make his acting debut in a movie adaptation of Nancy Grace’s first novel, The Eleventh Victim, set to premiere in the fall on Lifetime Movie Network.
Peace will play Garlan Fincher, a Georgia detective who works very closely with Atlanta Assistant District Attorney Hailey Dean, played by “Beverly Hills, 90210” vet Jennie Garth.
The athlete became friends with Grace during their un on Season 13 of “Dancing With the Stars.” (Garth is also a Dancing alum.) The Garlan character “is very dear to my heart,” says Grace, who authored The New York Times best-selling novel based on her real-life experiences and serves as one of the film’s executive producers. “I wanted to cast someone for whom I have a true fondness. Metta World Peace was my first pick.”
“The Eleventh Victim” follows Garth’s character as she pursues the conviction of serial killer Clinton Burrell Cruise. The case becomes personal for Hailey when she is physically attacked by Cruise in open court. While still recovering, Hailey moves to New York and begins a new career as a therapist. When her clients start to turn up dead — with the murderer using the same M.O. as the Atlanta killer she put behind bars — she is forced to help catch a cold-blooded killer who could very well make her his next target.
- Jason Derulo Misjudged Potential of New Song ‘Want to Want Me’
- Watch Beyonce Frolic in Rainbow Gear to Celebrate Marriage Equality
- Emmitt Smith Backs Out of Judging Miss USA Pageant
- Serena, Venus Advance at Wimbledon, One Step Closer to Facing Each Other
- SF 49er RB Reggie Bush Puts MI Home on Market for $2.4M (Pics)
- NeNe Leakes, Betty White, Anthony Anderson Lead ABC’s ‘To Tell the Truth’ Reboot
- Easily Distracted? 5 Ways to Focus Better at the Office
- Urban Movie Channel Launches 'Fall Out Fridays' Comedy Specials
- Janet Jackson Launches New Unbreakable Diamonds Collection
- Tyga, Dule Hill, Jacob Latimore Cast in Thriller ‘Sleight’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here