*The victim of the vicious “Miami Zombie/cannibal attack, Ronald Poppo, is making a surprising discovery, according to the University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital.
Poppo was the homeless man whose face was mostly chewed off on May 26.
Despite the good news, the man’s left eye was removed, but doctors are trying to restore sight in his right eye. Poppos is also missing his nose. (Scroll down to see photo, but be warned it’s graphic.)
Like us on Facebook
Now after several surgeries, the victim is now able to eat and get around.
“He’s pleased to report to all of you that he’s feeling well, he’s eating, he’s walking around with physical therapy, he’s talking with us,” said Nicholas Namias, a University of Miami trauma surgeon and co-director of the center.
“It’s hard when he smiles to see who he is,” said Wrood Kassira, a University of Miami plastic surgeon at Jackson.
This isn’t the first traumatic incident Poppos has been through. Doctors say he suffered two puncture wounds to the chest and a brain injury similar to that from a car crash. He survived a previous gunshot wound.
But he’s currently trying to make things as normal as possible. He’s been requesting pizza, orange juice and Italian food to eat, along with attempting to keep normal conversation going about things like the basketball games.
“He’s really just sort of living in the moment and just wants to talk about routine things,” said Namias.
(Scroll down to see photo, but be warned it’s graphic.)
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Remodeling Your Home: The Risks You Need to Know
- THE (05-02-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- OMG! Did Facebook CEO, Mark Zuckerberg, Really Respond to My Friendly 'Hello?'
- Wendy Raquel Robinson Pays Tribute to Iconic Artist Prince
- Kelly Rowland's New Music Series Has Her Missing Destiny’s Child
- Tyra Banks, Misty Copeland to Speak During Essence Experience
- Tyler Perry Talks Following His Own Path to Saving OWN
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Ni*ga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here