*Although it could be argued that they don’t shed any new light on the how and why of what happened, but audio tapes of eye witnesses to the “Miami Zombie/Cannibal” incident, in which Rudy Eugene ate off the face of Ronald Poppo, have been released.
But at the very least, they make for interesting listening especially one man whose call came off as rather laid back and nonchalant.
The woman’s voice is agitated and urgent. She believes she’s just seen someone about to die.
“It’s a naked man beating another man, beating him, on the MacArthur Causeway, like toward the Miami Herald. … He’s gonna kill that man, I promise you, okay?”
The woman is a Miami-Dade bus driver, one of three people who called police on May 26.
What two of them saw was Rudy Eugene, 31, savaging Ronald Poppo, 65. By the time police arrived, Eugene had chewed off Poppo’s face.
The Miami Police Department released the 911 tapes of the three calls on Friday, but it’s unclear in what order or at what time they were received.
In addition to the bus driver, another man called to report what they thought was a fight.
In the third call, a man sounds nonchalant.
“Hi, how ya doing? I’m just reporting a naked man in front of the Miami Herald building on the highway.”
Read/learn more at Tampa Bay Times.
Watch this AP video report with audio from 911 calls:
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is Now 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Happy 116th Birthday to World’s Oldest, Susannah Mushatt Jones (Video)
- Aretha Franklin Thanks Illinois for Helping Her after Bus Broke Down
- South Carolina Senate Votes to Remove Confederate Flag from Statehouse
- Russell Wilson, Ciara Practicing Abstinence: ‘I Need You to Pray for Us’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here