*Although it could be argued that they don’t shed any new light on the how and why of what happened, but audio tapes of eye witnesses to the “Miami Zombie/Cannibal” incident, in which Rudy Eugene ate off the face of Ronald Poppo, have been released.
But at the very least, they make for interesting listening especially one man whose call came off as rather laid back and nonchalant.
The woman’s voice is agitated and urgent. She believes she’s just seen someone about to die.
“It’s a naked man beating another man, beating him, on the MacArthur Causeway, like toward the Miami Herald. … He’s gonna kill that man, I promise you, okay?”
The woman is a Miami-Dade bus driver, one of three people who called police on May 26.
What two of them saw was Rudy Eugene, 31, savaging Ronald Poppo, 65. By the time police arrived, Eugene had chewed off Poppo’s face.
The Miami Police Department released the 911 tapes of the three calls on Friday, but it’s unclear in what order or at what time they were received.
In addition to the bus driver, another man called to report what they thought was a fight.
In the third call, a man sounds nonchalant.
“Hi, how ya doing? I’m just reporting a naked man in front of the Miami Herald building on the highway.”
Read/learn more at Tampa Bay Times.
Watch this AP video report with audio from 911 calls:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Suge Knight Sneaks Birthday Message to Son During Court (Watch)
- T.I. Apologizes for ‘Insensitive’ Comments About Female President
- Baltimore PD Can’t Find Record of Ben Carson Being Held Up at Popeyes
- Suge Knight, Katt Williams Will Face Trial in Robbery Case
- Flavor Flav Pleads Guilty Over Traffic Stop En Route to Mom’s Funeral
- Preview a Clip of Niecy Nash in Tonight's SCREAM QUEENS: 'Pumpkin Patch' - WATCH!
- First Look: Dorothy, Scarecrow, Tin Man, Lion from ‘The Wiz Live!’ (Pics)
- Columbus Short, Vivica A. Fox, Evan Ross Set for ‘True to the Game’
- Gabrielle Union, Jimmy Fallon Spice Up High School Announcements (Watch)
- Bobby Brown Inks Deal for ‘Raw and Unvarnished’ Memoir
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here