*Although it could be argued that they don’t shed any new light on the how and why of what happened, but audio tapes of eye witnesses to the “Miami Zombie/Cannibal” incident, in which Rudy Eugene ate off the face of Ronald Poppo, have been released.
But at the very least, they make for interesting listening especially one man whose call came off as rather laid back and nonchalant.
The woman’s voice is agitated and urgent. She believes she’s just seen someone about to die.
“It’s a naked man beating another man, beating him, on the MacArthur Causeway, like toward the Miami Herald. … He’s gonna kill that man, I promise you, okay?”
The woman is a Miami-Dade bus driver, one of three people who called police on May 26.
What two of them saw was Rudy Eugene, 31, savaging Ronald Poppo, 65. By the time police arrived, Eugene had chewed off Poppo’s face.
The Miami Police Department released the 911 tapes of the three calls on Friday, but it’s unclear in what order or at what time they were received.
In addition to the bus driver, another man called to report what they thought was a fight.
In the third call, a man sounds nonchalant.
“Hi, how ya doing? I’m just reporting a naked man in front of the Miami Herald building on the highway.”
Read/learn more at Tampa Bay Times.
Watch this AP video report with audio from 911 calls:
- DC’s NFL Team: RG3 Demoted; DeSean Jackson Pisses Off Women
- Hulk Hogan Says He Was Suicidal Over N-Word Scandal: ‘I'm Not A Racist’ (Watch)
- Producers of Katrina Relief Telethon Reflect on 'Kanye Moment' for 10th Anniversary
- Allergic to Clothes: Indian Farmer Has Been Naked for 40 Years!
- Pres. Obama to Appear on NBC’s ‘Running Wild With Bear Grylls’…For Real
- John Legend Taking His Talents to ‘The SpongeBob Musical’
- ‘Back to This B**ch’: Why Nicki Minaj Checked Miley Cyrus on Live TV
- Black Twitter Drags Rebel Wilson Over VMA ‘Stripper Police’ Bit
- Nile Rodgers Gets BMI Icon Award - EUR was on the Scene (WATCH)
- New Comic 'Raising Dion': Single, Black Mother with Superhuman Son
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here