*Tributes and memories are pouring in for the late Michael Jackson, who died three years ago today at his home in Los Angeles.
“RIP Michael Jackson” is one of the top trending topics on Twitter today, as his fans remember his pop legacy. Usher tweeted: “RIP Michael Jackson — you will never die in our hearts, your legacy will live on forever!” Rapper Wiz Khalifa tweeted: “3 years ago today the world lost a legend. RIP Michael Jackson. Your music lives on for you. Thank you for everything!”
Fans are also gathering today at MJ’s California ranch as well as his birthplace of Gary, Indiana. Additionally, another wax figure of the star was unveiled at Madame Tussauds in Hong Kong this weekend to coincide with the anniversary.
Meanwhile, the King of Pop’s brothers – Jackie, Tito, Jermaine and Marlon – are set to return to the stage as The Jacksons this week. Earlier this month, they announced their 16-city “Unity” tour, which will feature slight updates to the “oldies” as well as a tribute with slideshow to the set’s final song “Gone Too Soon.”
The shows mark the first time all of the remaining brothers have toured together since the 1980s “Victory” outing. As previously reported, Jermaine said rehearsals have been tough.
“The brothers don’t know this, but I’ve broken down several times and cried during rehearsals,” he told the AP. “I’m so used to Michael being on the right and then Marlon, Jackie, on and on. It’s just something we never get used to.”
Marlon added: “For me, this cycle that comes around every year – this day, that day – that doesn’t affect me because it affects me every day. When that day comes around, it’s the same. You learn to live with it. I still wake up sometimes and go, ‘Jeez. I can’t believe my brother’s not here.'”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Amber Rose to Host Weekly VH1 Talk Show Produced by Dr. Phil
- NFL Vet Dana Stubblefield Charged With Raping Developmentally Disabled Woman
- Little Richard Still Alive Despite Internet Rumors...And Praising Prince
- Chris Brown: New Single ‘Grass Ain’t Greener’ Coming May 5
- 911 Records in Prince Probe Show June 2011 Call over Cocaine Concern (Report)
- Blac Chyna Robbed, Threatens to Sue if Sex Tape with Tyga Leaks
- Chamique Holdsclaw Talks Mind/Game Documentary, Personal Struggle With Mental Illness
- Twitter Trolls React to Old Navy Ad Featuring Interracial Family
- Arsenio Hall Denies Sinead O’Connor's Prince Drug Claim
- Parents, Students Stunned as 2,700 Detroit Teachers 'Call in Sick'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here